Rhode Island Senate Primary official thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:14:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Rhode Island Senate Primary official thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rhode Island Senate Primary official thread  (Read 22558 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

« on: September 12, 2006, 07:12:48 PM »

Considering that the Republican Party has already declared a Laffey victory to be paramount to a Democratic victory in the general, does anybody else get the hunch that many Dems may have voted for Laffey, leading to the widely reported shortage of disaffiliation forms?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 08:02:50 PM »

Right now Smiley
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 12:58:05 PM »

I am watching Laffey's concession speech on C-SPAN.org and it is pretty sad. He starts off by thanking his mom and saying that he didn't know how he'd tell his dad about the loss in the morning (his dad suffers from Alzheimer's). That was depressing. Anyway, the main point of this is how Laffey came right out and said that he'd be backing Chafee. How many here think Chafee would have done the same thing if the situation was flipped? I honestly don't think he would. Stephen Laffey is a good man. I don't think I can say the same for Linc and that's after putting my ideological differences aside.
So, party loyalty makes you a good man? I'm not so sure.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies