NJ: The Ads Have Begun
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 12:19:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NJ: The Ads Have Begun
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: NJ: The Ads Have Begun  (Read 3531 times)
Conan
conan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 12, 2006, 05:50:04 PM »

Today I saw the first TV ad for the NJ Senate Race. It was a Bob Menendez ad. The title of the ad is "Tough". He is at the Newark Port talking about security and mentions Bush. The ads havent started out straight nasty like I thought they might. I saw the first ad during commercial time of Oprah, a prize time slot. Menendez has about 9 million in the bank and Kean has about 2.5 I believe. Menendez will have tons for ads while Keans might last 3 weeks of ads in the NYC market. Heres the ad: http://www.menendez2006.com/video/tough_ad/
or for those who dont want to click on Menendez's website: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AitascP7VQ
And this is the Menendez youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Menendez2006
Deano963

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 05:51:59 PM »

I hope Liddy Dole is stupid enough to waste money on this race.
Conan
conan

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 05:54:34 PM »

I also found this interesting video on youtube about Tom Kean Jr.
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csiV015kOdo&mode=related&search=
Deano963

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 08:01:36 PM »

]

My God in that video Kean Jr. looks like he's 12. I never realized how young he looks. How can people possibly still think thst he is the former Governor? Are they just not paying attention?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 08:09:58 PM »

]

My God in that video Kean Jr. looks like he's 12. I never realized how young he looks. How can people possibly still think thst he is the former Governor? Are they just not paying attention?

I doubt many people think he actually is the former governor.  But people who liked Kean Sr.'s work tend to make a positive association with his son, and assume that maybe he'd be just as good.  I think this mentality is a little ridiculous, but that's how it is.

I doubt anybody who voted Republican in the 2000 presidential election thought that they were voting for former President Bush.
Deano963

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 08:19:49 PM »

I doubt many people think he actually is the former governor.  But people who liked Kean Sr.'s work tend to make a positive association with his son, and assume that maybe he'd be just as good.  I think this mentality is a little ridiculous, but that's how it is.

Actually, yes they do....

http://www.dailyrecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060906/COLUMNISTS01/609060311/1100/NEWS01

I doubt anybody who voted Republican in the 2000 presidential election thought that they were voting for former President Bush.

That is an extremely bad comparison to the situation of Kean Sr. and Jr. I'm sure you're right that everyone knew it was the former Pres. Bush's son, which it why it does not make a good comparison, given the fact that it seems at the least that a good number of New Jersians think that it is the former Governor running.
Conan
conan

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2006, 08:56:04 PM »

]

He hasnt aired any ads, so unless they search him on the internet or have met him, then they wouldnt really know.
Deano963

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2006, 09:07:53 PM »
« Edited: September 12, 2006, 09:18:15 PM by Deano963 »

]

He hasnt aired any ads, so unless they search him on the internet or have met him, then they wouldnt really know.

LOL. I bet he dosen't air any ads with his face so less people figure out it is him and not his father. Hopefully Menendez will do it for him.
Conan
conan

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2006, 09:10:55 PM »

]

LOL. I bet he dosen't air any ads with his face so less peole figure out it is him and not his father. Hopefully Menendez will do it for him.
He's probably going to have his father speak about him in ads in a way that you think its him running. Kean Sr. has come under fire recently though over his involvement in The Path to 9/11 and some ethics questions regarding his involvement in companies and directing campaign cash to his son.
Conan
conan

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2006, 11:17:39 PM »

What does everyone think of this video?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2006, 03:09:42 PM »

I think it's a lot stupider for the Dems to waste in VA

How exactly is it stupid to spend money on a candidate leading in the recent polls?
Conan
conan

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2006, 03:21:50 PM »

How exactly is it stupid to spend money on a candidate leading in the recent polls?
Well your making up that he is "leading". If anything, it's still lean dem or worse, tossup.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2006, 03:39:31 PM »

Well your making up that he is "leading". If anything, it's still lean dem or worse, tossup.

Now your just stupid not partisan, it is a fact not an opinion he is leading in the polls.

If you seriously think this still Dem lean...

Well, that's great for Republicans
Conan
conan

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2006, 03:43:37 PM »

Now your just stupid not partisan, it is a fact not an opinion he is leading in the polls.

Believe what you want, (Lieberman Quote) "at your own peril". Everything i say and do is based on fact. You just cant handle the truth. He is not leading in the polls. MArgin of error.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2006, 03:45:23 PM »

Believe what you want, (Lieberman Quote) "at your own peril". Everything i say and do is based on fact. You just cant handle the truth. He is not leading in the polls. MArgin of error.

All I can say this:
"What the f**k are you smoking, Kean has lead by 4+ in the last two polls, how does that put him behind in the polls?"

Nothing you say is based on fact, I am a realism acknowleging where the GOP has shortcomings and where there destin to lose, you pick the Democrats in every competitive race and say their crusing to victory.
Deano963

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2006, 04:10:56 PM »

Exactly. It's stupid to waste money on candidate who is nothing but a name and who is trailing in money by $6 million.
Conan
conan

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2006, 04:13:40 PM »

All I can say this:
"What the f**k are you smoking, Kean has lead by 4+ in the last two polls, how does that put him behind in the polls?"

Nothing you say is based on fact, I am a realism acknowleging where the GOP has shortcomings and where there destin to lose, you pick the Democrats in every competitive race and say their crusing to victory.
Can you read? Do you not remember anything from the day before?  2 polls in margin of error isnt good enough. besides, that has happened all throughout this race. I have credibility, you do not, like you say you do. I again have not said any one is cruising for victory, I even acknowledge and have acknowledges that Menendez isnt cruising to victory. You have to provide real examples to show where I am way off. You however are always way off and I will compile some research of mine to show this.
Conan
conan

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2006, 04:36:14 PM »

All I can say this:

Can you read? Do you not remember anything from the day before?  2 polls in margin of error isnt good enough. besides, that has happened all throughout this race. I have credibility, you do not, like you say you do. I again have not said any one is cruising for victory, I even acknowledge and have acknowledges that Menendez isnt cruising to victory. You have to provide real examples to show where I am way off. You however are always way off and I will compile some research of mine to show this.
You have changed your senate predictions today.  2 of them are just really off. Montana and PA are wrong. Maryland is going to Cardin by a bigger margin. Also, RI will probably switch but it will be close.  My senate predictions have been D pick up in Montana, PA and those are definite. I also have RI, Missouri, and Ohio as pick ups. Missouri is neck and neck, although and it is still possible for a Talent win. Whitehouse has a slight edge in RI but its tossup. I had originally thought OH was gonna be a lot closer but polls show otherwise now.  I have not predicted TN or VA for a pickup. You originally had a pick up for reps  in Maryland and Minnesota. HAHAH YOu even thought Kean was gonna win back in June  before any negative news. HAHAHAH. You thought they were gonna gain 2 seats. HAHAH There are countless other dumb things you have said.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2006, 11:34:05 PM »

Oh, yeah, tell me about it. The polls are looking just great for soon to be unemployed Senator Menendez.
Deano963

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2006, 11:44:28 PM »

Oh, yeah, tell me about it. The polls are looking just great for soon to be unemployed Senator Menendez.

Yet ANOTHER stupid prediction.....
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2006, 11:48:09 PM »

I'll let you argue with the polls, hack. Better yet, when Kean wins, take a trip to the Secretary of State's office in Trenton and tell them how they're wrong.
Conan
conan

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2006, 10:16:32 PM »

I'll let you argue with the polls, hack. Better yet, when Kean wins, take a trip to the Secretary of State's office in Trenton and tell them how they're wrong.
Your funny. Menendez will win and you know it.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2006, 02:59:22 PM »

Conan, you any evidence other than "NJ is a dem-leaning state who hates Bush" that makes you think Menendez will win? (Probably not or at least a stupid reason) Also, its hard to be a senator from jail
Conan
conan

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2006, 04:35:37 PM »

Conan, you any evidence other than "NJ is a dem-leaning state who hates Bush" that makes you think Menendez will win? (Probably not or at least a stupid reason) Also, its hard to be a senator from jail
Why dont you go outside and ask someone? He has 3 times the amount of money then Kean, his ads are rolling, hes a democrat, hes anti-war, he shares the positions of the majority of NJerseyans, the state hates Bush, the state hates Iraq, the state hates Republicans, Tom Kean Jr. can barely speak, Tom Kean Jr. doesnt represent the majority of NJerseyans views, Tom Kean Jr. has no money, TKJ is a flip flop, TKJ is a republican, and TKJ doesnt know the issues, Menendez wont be indicted because he didnt do anything wrong, the state has more dems, the independents lean dem, and dems always poll lower then what they get. Now you can go outside pick a random person and let them tell you more.I am getting tired of writing because of your ignorance. And stop using my name in your other posts.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2006, 04:41:57 PM »

Why dont you go outside and ask someone? He has 3 times the amount of money then Kean, his ads are rolling, hes a democrat, hes anti-war, he shares the positions of the majority of NJerseyans, the state hates Bush, the state hates Iraq, the state hates Republicans, Tom Kean Jr. can barely speak, Tom Kean Jr. doesnt represent the majority of NJerseyans views, Tom Kean Jr. has no money, TKJ is a flip flop, TKJ is a republican, and TKJ doesnt know the issues, Menendez wont be indicted because he didnt do anything wrong, the state has more dems, the independents lean dem, and dems always poll lower then what they get. Now you can go outside pick a random person and let them tell you more.I am getting tired of writing because of your ignorance. And stop using my name in your other posts.

First, I'll stop using your name when you stop being a crazy lunatic who still thinks Bob Menendez is ahead.

Let's analyze your reasons:
He has three times the money, Tom Kean Jr. is broke, his ads are rolling:
those three are the same

he's anti-war, he's against Iraq
pretty much the same thing

Tom Kean Jr. can't speak
That is a fallacy

He didn't do anything wrong
You keep believing that

All your reasons are opinions, and the one's that aren't are spin and repetitive, thank you, you just did a job of showing he has no chance
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies