How can Kerry afford Child Tax Credit Increase? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:52:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  How can Kerry afford Child Tax Credit Increase? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How can Kerry afford Child Tax Credit Increase?  (Read 4917 times)
Alfie
Rookie

« on: June 17, 2004, 11:56:01 PM »

My "tax cut for the rich" has helped me! I enjoy the lower taxes because of my "tax cut for the rich".

You're rich?

Hardly, my wife and I combined make under 50k. I just find it ironic that they call it a "tax cut for the rich". My child deduction increased. I got 300$ back two years in row. I got a new couch and a deep freezer with each of those checks. Smiley My weekly payroll taxes went down. Under the old tax code I would have payed in the past 3 out of 4 years. I paid in one year in 2001 but that was due to my own error. I saved my old 1040s from the old tax code and figured it up and I would have payed in.

The "tab" comes when the debt on this folly is repaid.  The $500,000,000,000 deficit for FY2004 financed these "tax cuts."   But these days, what's a half trillion in debt -- a mere $1,700 per person in the USA was overspent!  Please!  No more MBAs from Haaaarvard.

So, Senator, you owe approx. $5,040 for this year.  Cash, check, or... charge?  Was that a fair trade -- $300 in the hand for $5,040 later?

It is a changed world, my friend on the opposite site of the political universe -- changed indeed that the Dems are now the fiscally responsible party.

- Alfie
a dollar saved is a dollar invested

Alfie
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2004, 12:08:03 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Last I looked, the fastest growing portion of the federal budget is servicing the debt.  In FY03, $318 billion was paid in interest!  That's $1,200 in "juice" -- just interest -- per capita, per year, forever.  The defense budget was (last figure I saw) $355 billion.

There is no magic in this -- no amount of magical thinking and notions of "printing money" alters the fact that this government is addicted to spending money it doesn't have.  Dem or Pug, that is wrong.   That this government lies about its irresponsible stewardship of the $$$ is disgusting.

To try and gloss it over is irresponsible -- to pretend that our actions have painless consequences is fantasy.  

What happened to the Publicans?  What happened to conservatism?  Now, most of you folks are apologists and cheerleasrs for reckless spenders!

- Alfie
Alfie
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2004, 12:50:12 AM »

I'd much rather have some supposed 'national debt share' to pay in the future than taxes to pay now.  Heck you could get hit by a bus tomorrow!

Well then.  Today must be your lucky day!    We are fortunate enough to have $7,211,228,335,944.24 in debt.  Your share?

$24,362

Will that be cash, or cash?

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies