Oklahoma Party voter registration map
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:45:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Oklahoma Party voter registration map
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Oklahoma Party voter registration map  (Read 8872 times)
RBH

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 13, 2006, 06:42:29 PM »

As of January 2006:

For those of you who don't know, there's this place called Little Dixie, and..

actually, the voter reg split in Oklahoma is 51-39 for the Democrats.

As for the multiple dark red counties, they were all won by Bush.

The largest of those dark red counties is McCurtain with 16151 voters and an 84/11 split for Democrats.

I'm pretty sure there isn't a county officeholder in Southeast Oklahoma.

After all, why run as a Republican for sheriff when you can be a Democrat?

The Oklahoma Roster of elected officals backs me up there.

In fact, i'm sure another map could be done of Oklahoma counties without a Republican county office holder, and counties without a Democratic county office holder.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 06:47:40 PM »

McCurtain voted 2-to-1 for Bush and has a nearly 8-to-1 Democratic registration advantage?  Wow.
RBH

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 07:22:21 PM »

Harmon County has an 88/9 Democratic voter registration edge, and it went 70/30 for Bush.

Harmon County is in Southwest Oklahoma, instead of being in Little Dixie.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 09:14:18 PM »

As I've been saying all along, Oklahoma has more Democrats than Republicans.  With that said, Oklahoma is generally conservative biased as opposed to party biased.  So, a moderate or especially a conservative Democrat could flip Oklahoma's 7 electoral votes to their side or at least suddenly put us in play.

Not many people know this, but early in the Bush v Kerry race in 2004, Oklahoma was projected as a lean Kerry before going completely for Bush.  This according to electoral-vote.com.  Those were, of course, extremely early in the 2004 campaign, but it was there.  Did I ever believe we would go for Kerry, of course not, but it was interesting to see nonetheless.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 12:59:38 AM »

As I've been saying all along, Oklahoma has more Democrats than Republicans.  With that said, Oklahoma is generally conservative biased as opposed to party biased.  So, a moderate or especially a conservative Democrat could flip Oklahoma's 7 electoral votes to their side or at least suddenly put us in play.

Not many people know this, but early in the Bush v Kerry race in 2004, Oklahoma was projected as a lean Kerry before going completely for Bush.  This according to electoral-vote.com.  Those were, of course, extremely early in the 2004 campaign, but it was there.  Did I ever believe we would go for Kerry, of course not, but it was interesting to see nonetheless.

Would a more moderate Democrat like Mark Warner have a chance in OK, or can he get at least 40% or more ? What do you say ?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 01:42:07 AM »

Would a more moderate Democrat like Mark Warner have a chance in OK, or can he get at least 40% or more ? What do you say ?

A moderate Democrat such as Mark Warner, Evan Bayh, even Bill Richardson would definitely have a chance to get at least 45% and might throw us in the swing state and possibly lean Dem.  It would all depend on who the Republicans choose, too.  It would take a major turn of events for Oklahoma to go deep, deep blue or even go blue on a consistent basis, but a Democrat could still win here, especially one like Warner, Bayh, Richardson, perhaps Bill Nelson if he were ever to run, or Ben Nelson from Nebraska, Joe Lieberman, Kent Conrad of Montana, and a big chance if her own governor, Brad Henry were to run.  The list in non-inclusive.
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2006, 01:43:48 AM »

As of January 2006:

When I lived in Tulsa, it made the news that there was at least 1 registered Republican in every county in the state.

It is interesting that both Payne (Stillwater) and Cleveland (Norman) have Republican registration pluralities.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2006, 03:54:16 AM »

A moderate Democrat such as Mark Warner, Evan Bayh, even Bill Richardson would definitely have a chance to get at least 45% and might throw us in the swing state and possibly lean Dem.  It would all depend on who the Republicans choose, too.  It would take a major turn of events for Oklahoma to go deep, deep blue or even go blue on a consistent basis, but a Democrat could still win here, especially one like Warner, Bayh, Richardson, perhaps Bill Nelson if he were ever to run, or Ben Nelson from Nebraska, Joe Lieberman, Kent Conrad of Montana, and a big chance if her own governor, Brad Henry were to run.  The list in non-inclusive.
I do think you're being a tad too optimistic. That's not to say the Democrats don't have a million miles of improvement room - they do - but in a nationally close election in the near future, unless the Republican candidate is Jim Leach or Lincoln Chafee or Satan - I don't think anyone listed would actually win.
They would win scores of rural counties though, but then so did Mike Dukakis...
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2006, 05:30:11 AM »

As of January 2006:

When I lived in Tulsa, it made the news that there was at least 1 registered Republican in every county in the state.

It is interesting that both Payne (Stillwater) and Cleveland (Norman) have Republican registration pluralities.

OU and OSU?
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2006, 10:36:13 AM »

This is a map for NC as of this year.

nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2006, 11:17:50 AM »

Good map, Josh. I'm surprised that some western counties have Dem registration advantage.
RBH

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2006, 02:41:58 PM »

The Kentucky map:

jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2006, 05:50:44 PM »

OU and OSU?
Yes.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2006, 09:10:44 PM »

Is there a central site which breaks down voter registration by party for all states at all? Those which have party registration of course

Dave
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2006, 09:30:25 PM »

Knott, Floyd and Elliott counties were safely Democratic even in the groundhog elections of 1972 and 1984.

Knott and Elliott are dry counties. They are all overwhemingly white

Dave
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2006, 04:05:28 AM »

Is there a central site which breaks down voter registration by party for all states at all? Those which have party registration of course
I doubt that there is an official or even quasi-official site.

You can probably find the numbers for each State on their Secretary of State web site (except in those States where the SoS is not in charge of elections).
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2006, 08:40:09 PM »

This is Maryland's, I believe. They have alot of people who are Ind.

ottermax
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.09

P P
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2006, 09:31:03 PM »

No Republican pluralities?
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2006, 10:05:30 PM »

No Republican pluralities?

Nope
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2006, 02:34:59 PM »

As much as I would love to see OK vote Dem (or even just OK City or Tulsa), it's not going to happen. Nobody who wins an Iowa/New Hampshire primary is going to have any chance. Just as in the South, the national realignment will filter down. Expect to see even fewer Lincoln Chaffees and Zell Millers in the future.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies