PA 13
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 11:00:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA 13
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 68
Author Topic: PA 13  (Read 327580 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: July 16, 2004, 09:44:32 PM »

lol...

I guess you are still angry at me for being angry at you after you took a vote away from Seige.  I had accepted it as history but it seems as if you can't do the same.

I was asking the question because I like Torsella and I foresaw him as the Dem nominee against Santroum in 2006 until he lost by a few % in the primary to Schwartz.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #151 on: July 16, 2004, 09:56:09 PM »
« Edited: July 16, 2004, 09:59:11 PM by Handzus26 »

lol...

I guess you are still angry at me for being angry at you after you took a vote away from Seige.  I had accepted it as history but it seems as if you can't do the same.

I was asking the question because I like Torsella and I foresaw him as the Dem nominee against Santroum in 2006 until he lost by a few % in the primary to Schwartz.

My mistake, I thought you were still busting my balls for that.  Yes, i can forsee him as a potential nominee.  Despite the fact Torsella lost, he is more moderate than Schwartz and should do better statewide.  He would also have massacred Melissa Brown in the PA-13 general.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #152 on: July 19, 2004, 01:25:02 AM »

How could anyone suggest Torsella as the Dem nominee in 2006? Let's say he won the seat this November. He'd be sworn-in in January 2005. He'd have to start campaigning in mid 2005 for the April 2006 Dem primary. He'd then be a member of Congress with about a year's experience and he's going to take on a 2 term incumbent Senator who has the best approval ratings in the state? Joe Torsella's best shot was at Congress. Will he come back? Maybe. I don't think we've seen the last of Joe Torsella BUT 2004 was his best chance at winning something. He will have to wait awhile until another opportunity presents itself.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #153 on: July 19, 2004, 02:51:32 AM »

I've been reading some posts on Brown on the PoliticsPA forum.  Wow is she ever getting killed by her own  party and Bard supporters are backing Schwartz.  If I'm not mistaken Bard crushed Brown in Montgomery Co., didn't she Keystone Phil?  KP, the odds of Brown winning are ever decreasing by the day.  Section 8 is her only saving grace here in NE Philly and you know it.  That can be smeared and her record with Bob Asher, Tom DeLay, and Co. will be known.  Oh and as for her being a "business owner", didn't she and her husband bankrupt an insurance company?  Just thought I'd bring this to your attention Keystone Phil.  Yeah, KP, this is REALLY someone I want in Congress!  
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #154 on: July 19, 2004, 09:21:31 AM »

I've been reading some posts on Brown on the PoliticsPA forum.  Wow is she ever getting killed by her own  party and Bard supporters are backing Schwartz.  If I'm not mistaken Bard crushed Brown in Montgomery Co., didn't she Keystone Phil?  KP, the odds of Brown winning are ever decreasing by the day.  Section 8 is her only saving grace here in NE Philly and you know it.  That can be smeared and her record with Bob Asher, Tom DeLay, and Co. will be known.  Oh and as for her being a "business owner", didn't she and her husband bankrupt an insurance company?  Just thought I'd bring this to your attention Keystone Phil.  Yeah, KP, this is REALLY someone I want in Congress!  

Hint for Handzus: Don't read the PoliticsPA forums. Its full of ridiculous rumors and lies. I used to read it everyday until I realized how negative it gets and how pathetic. If you think you're getting facts from PoliticsPA, better think again.

As for Bard suporters, of course some are going to back Schwartz. Bard is a liberal and most of her supporters are, too. Then again, some Torsella supporters are backing Brown so those votes cancel each other out. Now you'd like people to believe that most Republicans and Bard supporters don't support Brown. Well that's not true. That forum is full of posts from the same people, Handzus and your average voter isn't on there posting. So continue putting your faith into those Republicans and Bard supporters against Brown. Unfortunatley for you, those votes won't be nearly enough for Schwartz to win.

Oh and as for the Montco primary results, Bard didn't crush Brown.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #155 on: July 19, 2004, 01:49:25 PM »

How can you be so sure about Torsella supporters goign for Brown?  Hmm, Torsella even said in his concession speech he is backing Schwartz.  Bard is not backing Brown.  And why do you think people in NE Philly voted Torsella in what was really a nothing primary for us Dems?  Probably because they do not want the conservatives getting another rubber stamp.  I can tell you, as I have many times, I voted Torsella and I will be voting Schwartz in November.  She is not as far to the left as you think.  Her weakness was she played a little too much on the womens issues in the primary and Torsella went for the "meat and potatoes" issues.  From what I'm reading Schwartz is getting drastically better on those issues.  Brown on the other hand is harping on Section 8 and malpractice issues and saying how great Bush is.  I'll admit I had to sit down and think about Schwartz v. Brown after the primary.  I took about a month or two to realize Schwartz is the better choice and is sounding better by the minute.      
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #156 on: July 19, 2004, 02:01:21 PM »

How can you be so sure about Torsella supporters goign for Brown?  Hmm, Torsella even said in his concession speech he is backing Schwartz.  Bard is not backing Brown.  And why do you think people in NE Philly voted Torsella in what was really a nothing primary for us Dems?  Probably because they do not want the conservatives getting another rubber stamp.  I can tell you, as I have many times, I voted Torsella and I will be voting Schwartz in November.  She is not as far to the left as you think.  Her weakness was she played a little too much on the womens issues in the primary and Torsella went for the "meat and potatoes" issues.  From what I'm reading Schwartz is getting drastically better on those issues.  Brown on the other hand is harping on Section 8 and malpractice issues and saying how great Bush is.  I'll admit I had to sit down and think about Schwartz v. Brown after the primary.  I took about a month or two to realize Schwartz is the better choice and is sounding better by the minute.      

You really don't get it, do you? Or maybe you do and won't admit it. Listen, some Torsella people are going for Brown and some Bard people are going for Schwartz. You have to stop thinking that because you support Schwartz she has everything going for her in this election. Thing is, Brown is the favorite. She is well known and popular. You might not like her but many people do. Then you go after Brown for discussing issues that matter the most to the voters in PA13! Then you go on about how the people of the district will realize her dedication to Bush, blah blah...give it a rest. Yeah your right Brown supports the President but Schwartz is close to Street. Enough said.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #157 on: July 20, 2004, 01:17:57 AM »

In what way in your infinite judgement is Schwartz close to Street?  Yeah, I did not vote for Street, but giving Bush another rubber stamp, if God forbid he's reelected, is not something I'm comfortable with.  Clearly Torsella was the better Dem candidate, but Schwartz is not too far off from him.  Yeah, she's a bit of a liberal feminist.  Look, at least 50% of the NE part of the distirct will go Democrat on name and union recognition alone.  They will be somewhat inclined to overlook Brown's shenanigans because of the uncertainty of Bush with labor.  Most people can not comprehend tax cuts as well as I can, but they do comprehend labor.  In 2002, Hoeffel still got over 50% of the NE vote and that was post-9/11.  Labor issues are a little more to light here than in 2000.  I can still see Schwartz pulling off 55% of the Northeast vote on labor alone.  As for Montgomery Co, Bard voters will definitely be more inclined to go Schwartz than Torsella for Brown, though I can see party crossovers.  People in the NE did take notice to that Fort Washington rally and some of the responses in the NE Times and Daily News were not too kind.  Brown has the greater likelihood of falling on her face than does Schwartz.          
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #158 on: July 20, 2004, 01:24:29 AM »

Brown has the greater likelihood of falling on her face than does Schwartz.          

We'll see in November, Handzus. I have a feeling that the liberal feminist that is out of touch with the district will be the one to fall on her face.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #159 on: July 20, 2004, 02:13:29 AM »

We'll see in November, Handzus. I have a feeling that the liberal feminist that is out of touch with the district will be the one to fall on her face.

And someone in bed with Bush, Santorum, DeLay, and Hasert isn't "out of touch"?  People in 2002 were much more willing to overlook those clowns because of 9-11 and Bush's assualt on labor wasn't that known so things like Section 8 took a higher priority.  Different election year buddy.  I feel Brown is WAAY out of touch with working people and is more worried about what Bush and Halliburton think of her.  i can see through her smokescreen.  I'll admit this, it's pretty thick, but the Dem machine has the tools to evaporate it.  lok what happened to Katz and that was only a mayoral election.  People will relaize how important keeping the seat Dem is and Brown will have another roadblock.  I wouldn't be so cocky so soon!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #160 on: July 20, 2004, 08:49:29 AM »

lok what happened to Katz and that was only a mayoral election.  

Yeah I know what happened to Katz. What relevance does that have to this race? Katz was going to be our next mayor however that little scandal against Street (which he spun to his advantage) and it changed everything. The election then became Street vs. Bush.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #161 on: July 24, 2004, 04:16:28 PM »

lok what happened to Katz and that was only a mayoral election.  

Yeah I know what happened to Katz. What relevance does that have to this race? Katz was going to be our next mayor however that little scandal against Street (which he spun to his advantage) and it changed everything. The election then became Street vs. Bush.

The relevance to this race is the minute Ashcroft got involved in the Street probe, a lot of would be Katz voters jumped ship VERY quickly to give Street a landslide victory.  Unlike some of these people, I ignored that and pushed the lever for who I thought at the time, Sam Katz, was the right sandidate.  Ashcroft made me uneasy, but I had the independence of mind to evaluate everything.  This can also be applicable to Schwartz/Brown because there are going to be people in the Northeast who are former Katz voters and have issues with Section 8 are going to think twice about giving Tom DeLay and Enron economics another leg to stand on.  Ohter than Section 8 and the divisive BS of medical malpractice, Melissa Borwn has VERY weak legs to stand on.

Please remember the differences between CITY government and FEDERAL government!  Melissa Brown's candidacy is MUCH more intertwined with Bush than Schwartz is to Street.  You can't tell me otherwise.      
Demoteen04
Rookie

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #162 on: July 24, 2004, 07:25:35 PM »

Melissa Brown stresses her campaign way too much on section 8 housing reform in the Northeast. There have been no new applicants approved since 2002. So stop stressing that issue. When it comes to medical issues Allyson Schwartz is the candidate that will fight for better Prescription drug plans, malpractice issues in PA, and other medical issues because her husband is a practicing doctor. Melissa will not fight for the northeast because she's has no clue when it comes to the northeast because she is from a rural area in the south. Allyson Schwartz grew up in the area and has been a senator in the northeast for quite awhile. I believe in Allyson Schwartz she has done so much in the Northeast in her Senate Seat. I can't wait to see what she will do in Congress. And in response to " Melissa  Brown has the 13th Congressional in a bag" It is a democratic congressional district and Allyson Schwartz is going to destroy Melissa Brown in November just like Melissa was destroyed by Joe Hoefel.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #163 on: July 24, 2004, 07:29:24 PM »
« Edited: July 24, 2004, 07:29:53 PM by nclib »

What is up with PA-13...there are at least 4 posters from that district. I don't know of any other district even has 2 posters.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #164 on: July 24, 2004, 07:45:56 PM »

Melissa Brown stresses her campaign way too much on section 8 housing reform in the Northeast. There have been no new applicants approved since 2002. So stop stressing that issue. When it comes to medical issues Allyson Schwartz is the candidate that will fight for better Prescription drug plans, malpractice issues in PA, and other medical issues because her husband is a practicing doctor. Melissa will not fight for the northeast because she's has no clue when it comes to the northeast because she is from a rural area in the south. Allyson Schwartz grew up in the area and has been a senator in the northeast for quite awhile. I believe in Allyson Schwartz she has done so much in the Northeast in her Senate Seat. I can't wait to see what she will do in Congress. And in response to " Melissa  Brown has the 13th Congressional in a bag" It is a democratic congressional district and Allyson Schwartz is going to destroy Melissa Brown in November just like Melissa was destroyed by Joe Hoefel.

Hmmm another PA 13 Dem. Well in response to your statements, Melissa Brown was not destroyed by Hoeffel. 51% - 47% is not crushing. The Dems of this district have to accept that Schwartz is too liberal and not well known. This seat is going GOP.
Demoteen04
Rookie

« Reply #165 on: July 24, 2004, 07:49:15 PM »

This seat isn't going GOP. This race is going to come down to the end. I can't wait to see how it will pain out. I am anxiously awaiting. Myself, my chairman, and everybody that is in my club is as well awaiting. We hope to see Allyson win that seat.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #166 on: July 24, 2004, 07:50:49 PM »

This seat isn't going GOP. This race is going to come down to the end. I can't wait to see how it will pain out. I am anxiously awaiting. Myself, my chairman, and everybody that is in my club is as well awaiting. We hope to see Allyson win that seat.

Schwartz = too far left. You guys are losing the seat. Brown is popular and well known in the district. She will be our next member of Congress.
Demoteen04
Rookie

« Reply #167 on: July 24, 2004, 07:55:35 PM »

Hey buddy, The dems are just forming and you will see in the fall we will be out there full force for allyson schwartz. We have three clubs. 13-18 is the Teen Democrats which I am apart of with Mark Fabbi is our chairman. Then we have 18-36 which is the Young Democrats which Scott Schmidts that chairman. Then we have 36 + which the Northeast Dems. I believe these clubs will be out there for allyson schwartz and she will Definitly have the seat over Melissa Brown. People are sick of her lies. Phil ask your chairman to step down as a board member of RYAN for LIFE because supporting Melissa Brown is the total opposite.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #168 on: July 24, 2004, 07:57:24 PM »
« Edited: July 24, 2004, 08:07:23 PM by Keystone Phil »

Oh another thing, Brown does know this district. She lived here most her life. Yeah she was born in the south but lived there for only a few years. How about Schwartz, pal? She was born in NYC and didn't even live in PA13. Very little of her state senate district is in PA13.  She saw political opportunity and ran for it. Brown cares about the district and we'll see that once she takes over.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #169 on: July 24, 2004, 07:58:35 PM »

Teen Democrats which I am apart of with Mark Fabbi is our chairman.

Do you always refer to yourself in the third person? Your email says MFabbi.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #170 on: July 24, 2004, 08:00:03 PM »

Hey Demoteen, glad to see some more PA-13 Dems in here Wink !  Wow, KeystonePhil, it seems I'm not alone in the district here.  PA-13 must be a kicking district with 4 members and one that just bit the dust.  You have myself a Dem, nini2287 a Dems from the suburbs, you and Keystone Phil!  Oh, Demoteen, go to your profile and jazz it up.  Put your avatar (the D-PA thing) and maybe some signatures.  I can help you with it as time comes along.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #171 on: July 24, 2004, 08:00:50 PM »

Hey Demoteen, glad to see some more PA-13 Dems in here Wink !  Wow, KeystonePhil, it seems I'm not alone in the district here.  PA-13 must be a kicking district with 4 members and one that just bit the dust.  You have myself a Dem, nini2287 a Dems from the suburbs, you and Keystone Phil!  Oh, Demoteen, go to your profile and jazz it up.  Put your avatar (the D-PA thing) and maybe some signatures.  I can help you with it as time comes along.

You might win the membership from the district race but Melissa Brown is going to win the district! Wink
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #172 on: July 24, 2004, 08:02:08 PM »

You might win the membership from the district race but Melissa Brown is going to win the district! Wink

DREAM ON PAL!  Melissa Brown better get off Bush's jock really quick!  Voters will take notice and they already are!
Demoteen04
Rookie

« Reply #173 on: July 24, 2004, 08:06:45 PM »

My email is Mfabbi because that is our groups email for the present time until our website is complete. My name is Tim and I am going to be a sophmore at ryan and I am an honor student. As a freshmen I had Mr Mc Cabe for Geometry. Mr Roach for Biology and I had Mr Deal for European history. So I am not refering to myself in third person. Mark Fabbi knows a lot more about politics.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #174 on: July 24, 2004, 08:08:50 PM »

My email is Mfabbi because that is our groups email for the present time until our website is complete. My name is Tim and I am going to be a sophmore at ryan and I am an honor student. As a freshmen I had Mr Mc Cabe for Geometry. Mr Roach for Biology and I had Mr Deal for European history. So I am not refering to myself in third person. Mark Fabbi knows a lot more about politics.

Suuuuure. Lying to members is not a good way to start off, pal.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 68  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies