OH: Survey USA: Sherrod Brown(D) has a double figure lead on Mike DeWine(R)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 07:59:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Senatorial Election Polls
  OH: Survey USA: Sherrod Brown(D) has a double figure lead on Mike DeWine(R)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OH: Survey USA: Sherrod Brown(D) has a double figure lead on Mike DeWine(R)  (Read 1458 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 21, 2006, 05:30:42 PM »

New Poll: Ohio Senator by Survey USA on 2006-09-20

Summary: D: 52%, R: 42%, U: 7%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 05:53:34 PM »

They've been polling this race a lot recently. Brown has led all of them, but not by this much. DeWine is in a lot of trouble. Maybe he shouldn't have doctored that 9/11 footage in an ad?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 06:01:38 PM »

Even a conservative pollster like Univ of Cincy poll has him down.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 06:12:03 PM »

I smell an outlier! Still I think Dewine is getting ready to enter the already raging battle between Rick Santorum and Conrad Burns for the prize of most endangered U.S. Senator.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 06:22:28 PM »

Brown isn't up ten points, but he's led in every poll since June and this race is getting close to being over.  And Ben had me convinced only Hackett could take down DeWine!  (Of course it's likely Strickland's 25 point win that'll pull Brown over the finish line, but it still counts)
poughies
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2006, 06:26:09 PM »

no he isn't up by 10..... but I don't buy the Quinnipiac poll either. Somewhere in the 4-6 point range.....
Deano963

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2006, 08:41:21 PM »
« Edited: September 21, 2006, 09:18:18 PM by Deano963 »

I agree, but I also don't see how Dewine can get to 50% in this terrible anti-republican atmosphere in Ohio in 2006. This race has definitely moved past RI as a more likely pickup in my opinion.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2006, 08:51:16 PM »

I agree, but I also don't see how Dewine can get to %50 in this terrible anti-republican atmosphere in Ohio in 2006. This race has definitely moved part RI as a more likely pickup in my opinion.

I agree. No question Brown is ahead and likely to win. I have it ranked as the third most likely Senate seat to change hands after PA (#1) and MT (#2) and before RI (#4).
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2006, 09:05:41 PM »

Another awful outlier. Either a combined 2 million in NRSC and RNC ad buys have backfired -- or something's off with this poll.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2006, 09:18:28 PM »

Another awful outlier. Either a combined 2 million in NRSC and RNC ad buys have backfired -- or something's off with this poll.

The good thing is even if the poll overestimated Brown's support by 5 points, he is still 5 points ahead.
Deano963

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2006, 09:19:41 PM »

I agree, but I also don't see how Dewine can get to %50 in this terrible anti-republican atmosphere in Ohio in 2006. This race has definitely moved part RI as a more likely pickup in my opinion.

I agree. No question Brown is ahead and likely to win. I have it ranked as the third most likely Senate seat to change hands after PA (#1) and MT (#2) and before RI (#4).

You mean you don't have NJ ranked #2 like DWTL and WalterMitty do?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2006, 11:28:05 PM »

You mean you don't have NJ ranked #2 like DWTL and WalterMitty do?

Haha hell no. I have NJ at #7. I might move it to #6 though.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2006, 11:52:43 PM »

Oh yeah Grin Brown has lead about 15 consecutive polls now and still leads, but not that big as shown in this poll...
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2006, 03:53:38 PM »

Brown is on about 47% now and DeWine must be around 44%.  More than anything else though, Brown will win because of Strickland.  Some of his lead now must be clearly down to Strickland.  In all fairness DeWine doesn't deserve to lose; he is a moderate Senator who has worked hard but is just a casualty of the climate. 
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2006, 04:01:07 PM »

That's all dandy but OH is a pro-choice state and DeWine has a 100% pro-life record that doesn't fit well with the OH voters.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2006, 04:02:15 PM »

Brown is on about 47% now and DeWine must be around 44%.  More than anything else though, Brown will win because of Strickland.  Some of his lead now must be clearly down to Strickland.  In all fairness DeWine doesn't deserve to lose; he is a moderate Senator who has worked hard but is just a casualty of the climate. 

I think he deserves to lose.
Deano963

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2006, 06:05:27 PM »

Dewine, the RNC and the NRSC have been going full force on the airwaves in Ohio against Brown for the last month. I am not surprised at all that the race has tightened, but the fact that after spending so much $$$$ on an ENORMOUS ad blitz (believe me - I regularly see at least FOUR seperate anti-Brown ads during ONE commercial break, and I live in a Dem stronghold part of Ohio)  that Dewine has merely pulled even with Brown really really makes me happy. The RNC would have to spend a mint to win this race, and even with their money advantage can't afford to waste so much resources on one race.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2006, 06:16:45 PM »

I think he deserves to lose.

He deserves to lose for airing that doctored 9/11 ad, if nothing else.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies