Happy Scalia Day!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:35:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Constitution and Law (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Happy Scalia Day!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Happy Scalia Day!  (Read 2486 times)
Schmitz in 1972
Liberty
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 26, 2006, 04:19:59 PM »

On September 26, AD 1986 Antonin Scalia took the Oath of Office and became a Supreme Court Justice

Today marks twenty years of his service on the court. He is notable for being very conservative, very witty, and very acerbic. Although he's made lots of really stupid decisions, he remains, next to Thomas, the second best guy on the court.

DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 06:09:44 PM »

Just reminding liberals it only takes one more vote...
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 07:58:12 PM »

Roe v Wade will never be overturned as it is not in the Republican party's interests to do so.  The day that it's overturned will be the day that abortion stops being a good issues for Republicans and starting being a good issue for Democrats.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 11:28:16 PM »

Roe v Wade will never be overturned as it is not in the Republican party's interests to do so.  The day that it's overturned will be the day that abortion stops being a good issues for Republicans and starting being a good issue for Democrats.
Shhhhhh
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2006, 04:21:14 PM »

I disagree because all the overturn of Roe v. Wade does it turn it back to the states, the Republicans would then by able to wage a state by state campaign.  Plus, I'm much more concerned about getting this unjustice undo than gaining politically.
DWPerry
Puerto Rico

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2006, 01:26:43 AM »

I disagree because all the overturn of Roe v. Wade does it turn it back to the states, the Republicans would then by able to wage a state by state campaign.  Plus, I'm much more concerned about getting this unjustice undo than gaining politically.
>>>I'm much more concerned about getting this unjustice undo than gaining politically.

But, most politicians only care about remaining in power and could care less what is best for the Country, or what is Constitutional.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2006, 01:37:48 AM »

>>>I'm much more concerned about getting this unjustice undo than gaining politically.

But, most politicians only care about remaining in power and could care less what is best for the Country, or what is Constitutional.

Exactly. The GOP rank and file want it overturned, but politically the party is better off with it remaining an issue that they can whip people into a frenzy over each election.

The 3 G's-God, guns, and gays-is a pretty strong winniing formula for the GOP. I personally know a lot of people who vote strictly on the basis of these issues alone.
Conan
conan

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2006, 03:59:46 PM »

Scalia is the funniest man on the court. Too bad hes an idiot.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2006, 07:25:17 PM »

Scalia is the funniest man on the court. Too bad hes an idiot.

Yes, you are obviously superior in intellect [/sarcasm]
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies