Personal Election Day traditions? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:46:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Personal Election Day traditions? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Personal Election Day traditions?  (Read 7318 times)
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« on: October 06, 2006, 06:18:17 PM »

I don't even know if this is the right board for this thread, but here we are...

Anyone else have any rituals, traditions, or gatherings that they do every Election Day?

For years, on Election Day in an even-numbered year I've had a big party. It looks like I'm not gonna be able to do it again this year, however, though I have since I was a teenager (close to 20 years ago).

Starting in 1994, I developed a tradition of throwing piles of trash into the street as a protest if conservatives do relatively well in the election. I did this in '94, and I've done this several times so far in the 2000s. (I did this even after the state elections in 2003, though it was an odd-numbered year.)

My party usually consists of TV viewing, snacks, fizzy sodas, laughing at conservatives who lose, and (since the mid-'90s) much Internetting.

Hopefully I'll find a place to have a party this year, but it looks like I may have to skip it.

Does anyone else have an Election Day tradition like this? It's more exciting than Winter Solstice, New Year's, Christmas, Fourth of July, or any sporting event.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies