Personal Election Day traditions? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:49:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Personal Election Day traditions? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Personal Election Day traditions?  (Read 7330 times)
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« on: October 06, 2006, 09:53:14 PM »

No.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 10:46:57 PM »

I like to vote in the morning, because the polls close at 8PM in my state, and I can't guarantee that I'll be home in time.

I watch the results at night, but not obsessively.  For many races, I'm content to wait until the next day to hear the outcome.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 11:03:53 PM »

i might be a major league dork, but election day is my favorite day of the year.

on that day im filled with all kinds of anticipation, even if there isnt a major race in my state, i know there are major races elsewhere.

i can remember being filled with nerves on both election day 2000 and 2004.

like many of you, i became obsessed with politics and elections at a very early age.  i can vividly remember my mother picking me up at school on election day, just so i could go in the booth with her.

I used to go into the voting booth with my dad.

I watched him vote for Gerald Ford in 1976.  He flirted with the idea of voting for Carter, but my mom threw a fit, and brought him back to the proper way of voting, at least for then. Cheesy  She had a particular dislike for Jimmy Carter.  She said he was nothing but a hillbilly, that his wife was nothing but a hairdresser, that the whole family was very uncouth, etc.  Her instincts were not always right, but in that case, they sure were.

Other than Carter, her greatest dislike was reserved for ultra-liberal female politicians, generally from New York City.  People like Liz Holtzman, Bella Abzug, etc.  She could rant on about them for hours. Cheesy

I grew up in a political family, in that my grandfather and uncle were both involved in politics.  My mom was pretty interested in politics, though she hated the actual practice of it, and would have nothing to do with things like campaigning, other than going to a few dinners, and even that she complained about bitterly.

I feel pretty much the same way.  I like politics at the strategic level, but I don't think I'd ever run for office.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies