Personal Election Day traditions? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:46:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Personal Election Day traditions? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Personal Election Day traditions?  (Read 7331 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: October 06, 2006, 10:06:13 PM »

Work the polls and go to a candidate's party. The problem with the parties is the inability to follow the results that closely as they come in. They have TVs set up but you can't really track what was going on. I was originally going to have something set up at my house this year as the results came in with three computers and my big screen TV to follow the returns but now I am swamped with parties. One of the parties is a ward party where I have to turn my precinct's results in. After that I have to rush out to a party that will likely be a victory (my first victory party!). Another event is a potential victory but it is looking like a tossup now.  Smiley
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 10:07:31 PM »

Starting in 1994, I developed a tradition of throwing piles of trash into the street as a protest if conservatives do relatively well in the election.

Conservatives doing well? Ha! Keep buying into that right wing media, Republican.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 10:40:58 PM »

Looking at the election results and acting like a total dweeb ("OH MY GOD PEND OREILLE COUNTY IS REPORTING!").

I love acting like that. Over the years I've been able to act like that in state primaries and I'm not talking just about PA. I couldn't tell you how many random summer nights I'd inform people of a primary going on in Georgia or Ohio or wherever else. Hey, this is my passion - people just have to get over us acting like total political nerds.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies