Gay Marriage Amendment (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:29:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Gay Marriage Amendment (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gay Marriage Amendment  (Read 319334 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« on: June 23, 2004, 12:15:54 AM »

I think the latest poll had 51% of Americans rejecting homosexuality in society.  Basically tied with the MoE.  Hardly the fringe though.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2004, 12:28:02 AM »
« Edited: June 23, 2004, 12:30:12 AM by Lunar »

I think the latest poll had 51% of Americans rejecting homosexuality in society.  Basically tied with the MoE.  Hardly the fringe though.

Got a documented cite?  And please, don't even try to pass of some lunatic "Family Research Council" crap.

I had O'Reilly running in the background at 5, so that's where I got the 51% number.

By the way, I support gay marriage (actually, I want the government out of marriage - leave that to the churches).

Anyway, I did a quick Google and found this:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/polls/vault/stories/data081303.htm

36. Would you favor or oppose a law that would allow homosexual couples to legally form civil unions, giving them some of the legal rights of married couples?

Oppose - 58%

38. As you may know, the Episcopal church has given its bishops the option of allowing clergy to bless the committed relationships of gay or lesbian couples. Do you approve or disapprove of this decision?

Disapprove - 60%

39. (ASK IF RESPONDENT HAS A RELIGION) Now thinking about your own religious faith or denomination, would you approve or disapprove of giving local churches the option of blessing committed relationships of gay or lesbian couples?

Disapprove - 63%

40. (ASK IF RESPONDENT HAS A RELIGION AND ATTENDS CHURCH AT LEAST A FEW TIMES A YEAR) If the church you regularly attend decided to allow blessings of gay or lesbian couples, would you (continue to attend that church) or would you (look for another church to attend?)

Look for another 47%
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2004, 12:36:20 AM »

Jesus, I heard the poll on the news.  I don't have the exact link, I just found a general question that implicates similar sentiments among the American populace.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2004, 12:45:24 AM »

Jesus, I heard the poll on the news.  I don't have the exact link, I just found a general question that implicates similar sentiments among the American populace.

Sorry.  Hearsay simply is not admissible.  Get on google and FIND IT, or withdraw the comment.  I don't like being this way, but data, folks, is data.

Replace 'rejecting homosexuality in society" or whatever, with what my poll says.  Do in your mind.

Finding a specific poll when all I can do is paraphrase the wording is near impossible.  I might not even know it if I did manage to find it
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies