2004 User Predictions - Discussion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:26:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 User Predictions - Discussion (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: 2004 User Predictions - Discussion  (Read 868313 times)
DarthKosh

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2003, 12:17:52 PM »

When I look at these polls it doesn't really seem that Dean is doing worse against Bush than the supposedly more electable and well-known candidates, such as Clark, Gephardt, Lieberman or Edwards. Is that just lack of name-recognition?  

Wait until Bush starts going after Dean.  And with Deans temper it's going to be fun.
DarthKosh

« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2003, 02:21:42 PM »

Most of you are probably aware of the 31-31-31 theory. For the first time since it was analysed, America is split into three even camps of Dems, Reps and Inds. That 31% who hold no affiliation are those who will decide the election. Theres no point in either party trying to target the 31% in their own camp, those votes are in the bag. This trend should lead to a more 'centrist' political campaign. Deans campaign for one, is skewed in favour of those he knows are going to vote for him anyway. This is a big mistake. Several months for now it will be down to Dean versus one other candidate. Because the 'anti-Dean' vote is so split between Clark, Lieberman Edwards and Kerry (purposely ignoring the other 3 candidates) I think the odds are still against Dean even at this stage.

That ads up to 93%.
DarthKosh

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2003, 03:31:07 PM »

Dean can hop to the center during the general election, so his being so far left shouldn't be a big deal.  Even now, he isn't all that liberal, buthis rhetoric is.  Bush went far right no stop McCain and moved back towards the middle in 2000, so dean can do the same.  But still, it is about Bush, not the Democratic candidate.

The truth about that is Dean can not move to the center even if he wants to.  If he tries Bush bring out tape of him before and during the primaries.
DarthKosh

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2003, 03:34:26 PM »

Dean can hop to the center during the general election, so his being so far left shouldn't be a big deal.  Even now, he isn't all that liberal, buthis rhetoric is.  Bush went far right no stop McCain and moved back towards the middle in 2000, so dean can do the same.  But still, it is about Bush, not the Democratic candidate.

Everyone is "demonizing" Dean right now, as a CRAZY far left liberal. Why? What has he done that seems so liberal? And don't give me any SOCIALLY liberal examples, like his singing the gay civil unions law in Vermont as Governor. Democrats don't think Dean can win, so they attack him with all their might. Republicans know deep down (not all Republicans, just the smart ones) that Dean could possibly beat Bush, so they attack him with all their might as well. I think Dean will move more to the center when it comes to the general election. He has already had some right wing views expressed already. Like he's against gun control. Does that sound liberal to you? So he will inexorably move to the center during the general election. He HAS to.

The only message is that Bush is evil and so is america.
DarthKosh

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2003, 06:25:44 PM »

Everyone is "demonizing" Dean right now, as a CRAZY far left liberal. Why? What has he done that seems so liberal? And don't give me any SOCIALLY liberal examples, like his singing the gay civil unions law in Vermont as Governor. Democrats don't think Dean can win, so they attack him with all their might. Republicans know deep down (not all Republicans, just the smart ones) that Dean could possibly beat Bush, so they attack him with all their might as well. I think Dean will move more to the center when it comes to the general election. He has already had some right wing views expressed already. Like he's against gun control. Does that sound liberal to you? So he will inexorably move to the center during the general election. He HAS to.

I won't argue that he has harped on in one way or another that Bush is evil. But you're saying that he has alluded that America is evil?! Oh get off it! That sounds like a Limbaugh trick. If you hate the President, you hate this country. Blah blah blah. What the hell ever happend to freedom?

Dean by worshiping at the altar of the UN puts the Un above our country.  That is hate of this country.
DarthKosh

« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2003, 06:51:04 PM »

I won't argue that he has harped on in one way or another that Bush is evil. But you're saying that he has alluded that America is evil?! Oh get off it! That sounds like a Limbaugh trick. If you hate the President, you hate this country. Blah blah blah. What the hell ever happend to freedom?

Dean by worshiping at the altar of the UN puts the Un above our country.  That is hate of this country.
Riiight.....

What i understand from listening to him that he would rather negotiate why the city is burning then fight.
DarthKosh

« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2003, 06:56:26 PM »

I believe Dean's latest position is that he "would have gone into Iraq if we had gotten the PERMISSION of the UN".

Good one Howard.

That is a leftist position.  I said it before it may work in the primaries but not in the general.
DarthKosh

« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2003, 06:58:00 PM »

That's why he needs to sign up for the White House tour.

Dean has to many yes-men and hardcore leftist around him and it will drag him down.
DarthKosh

« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2003, 07:00:40 PM »

I share a love of Howard Dean with liberal Democrats - for slightly different reasons.  Ha

Watching Howard Dean is like watching a NASCAR race.  Because no matter what people say they only watch for one reason.
DarthKosh

« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2003, 07:02:04 PM »

A very fun ride.
DarthKosh

« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2003, 11:39:45 AM »

I would, but I have bookmarked 150 things and it is mighty cluttered up there....

I have too many bookmarks now.
DarthKosh

« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2003, 11:53:57 AM »

made afew seperate folders in my favorites for national politics and newspapers by states and  such.

Just make sub categories.

too much trouble.
DarthKosh

« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2003, 06:52:38 PM »

Yeah grayraven is pretty good.  I like it better than Edwards' but not as much as I like Leip's.  Smiley

Suck-up! Smiley Btw, in 5 minutes is 2004! And they say "where America goes the world follows"... Smiley Not this time! I will be waiting for you to catch up! Happy new year everybody! Smiley Smiley Smiley
It is 2004 in about 5 hours here.  and I genuinely do like Leip's better thanthe other ones.

5 hours and 13 minutes until 2004.
DarthKosh

« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2003, 06:56:51 PM »

Yeah grayraven is pretty good.  I like it better than Edwards' but not as much as I like Leip's.  Smiley

Suck-up! Smiley Btw, in 5 minutes is 2004! And they say "where America goes the world follows"... Smiley Not this time! I will be waiting for you to catch up! Happy new year everybody! Smiley Smiley Smiley
It is 2004 in about 5 hours here.  and I genuinely do like Leip's better thanthe other ones.

I guess we are both on the east coast.  
that is why I have a blue pennsylvania under my name.
DarthKosh

« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2003, 10:52:45 PM »

I guess we are both on the east coast.  
that is why I have a blue pennsylvania under my name.
That's true.  I guess I just can't put 2 and 2 together.

The two of you are building another pyramid!
And you are contributing, Gustaf!  thanks!
You're welcome!

No problem.

But I insist.
How big do these pyramids get?
It depends on the number of posts.
I don't think that the pyramids get much better than this...see that solid line.
There is always room for improvement.
Not really.  Look closely.
weee
DarthKosh

« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2004, 11:12:31 AM »

This post could be the beginning of a beatiful pyramid! Smiley
Yes it can.
DarthKosh

« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2004, 01:04:12 PM »

good for you.
DarthKosh

« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2004, 01:06:28 PM »

good for everyone.
DarthKosh

« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2004, 01:09:43 PM »

Yes it is.
DarthKosh

« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2004, 03:53:59 PM »

wow.
DarthKosh

« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2004, 04:00:18 PM »

It is very deep.
DarthKosh

« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2004, 04:04:28 PM »

Very true.
DarthKosh

« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2004, 04:07:15 PM »

I have no idea.
DarthKosh

« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2004, 01:04:58 PM »

The key to stopping Dean is on Feb. 3rd with Clark on OK, AZ, and SC.

If they can not stop dean on that date then the Dems are in trouble.
DarthKosh

« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2004, 01:10:48 PM »

The key to stopping Dean is on Feb. 3rd with Clark on OK, AZ, and SC.

If they can not stop dean on that date then the Dems are in trouble.
Well, that's their last chance.
Then when Dean is nominated they then can watch the party run off a cliff.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies