2004 User Predictions - Discussion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:21:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 User Predictions - Discussion (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 2004 User Predictions - Discussion  (Read 869810 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2004, 08:44:44 PM »

True, though he never really talks about social issues much, so maybe he is more liberal on those, but just emphasizes his conservative positions.

He's said that he "certainly" isn't a Christian, which says something.

He could be Jewish, Muslim or someother reliogion.  Wink
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2004, 11:36:31 PM »

Attention:

Wesley Clark has withdrawn from the race.  And now there are five.  Who will fall next?

Edwards.  This is a very diappionting showing for him.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2004, 04:46:29 PM »

Edwards won't be next to drop, I think Dean will be, he is way out at the back and has only performed well in Caucuses.

I think he still has more delegates than Edwards though.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2004, 04:49:45 PM »

True, though he never really talks about social issues much, so maybe he is more liberal on those, but just emphasizes his conservative positions.

He's said that he "certainly" isn't a Christian, which says something.

Classical Liberal, not religious in any fashion, though reared as a 'Wasp'.  My only comment on religions is whether or not I like their influence on society - for example I enjoy living in a Buddhist country.  I support the Republicans because they're the party of economic freedom *relatively speaking*.  I'm a bit Machiavelian in my view of politics because I'm not quite as enamoured of 'democracy' as most of you guys.
Anyway, enough about boring old me - OH will go Bush in '04 as long as the economy booms between now and Nov.  Will be close though.  And yes Supersoulties right Muslims don't matter in OH.

Btw Soup I look a bit like Talent as well..

I was just joking with the nazi comment, although I think that keeping Muslims from votin through intimidation is pretty extreme.

LOL that's funny.  Yeah, If I had to pick a politician I look most like it would have to be either Talent or Bob Taft.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2004, 09:24:42 PM »

I've said it before and I'll say it again; I don't think Dubya lost ONE vote due to the early projection for Gore; biggest nonissue ever.

Well your 'thought' contradicts hundreds of eye-wittness acounts including one from my cousin.  Are you calling my cousin a liar?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2004, 09:32:17 PM »
« Edited: March 08, 2004, 09:33:27 PM by supersoulty »

What affect do you think Elian Gonzalez had on Gores election loss in Florida?

I'd say that it cost him maybe 10% of the cuban vote.  It didn't have a huge effect over all, because most Cubans would have voted Bush anyway, but it did cost him the state and the election.

Thank You Elian.  Your sacrafice was not in vain and someday, we will free your people.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2004, 02:22:21 PM »

Ohio will go for Kerry, only if Pennsylvania does.

JOBS

Ohio don't got em

Ohio is far more socially conservative on the whole though.  Ohio even has major cities that are conservative.  ie Culumbus and Cinncinati

Pittsburgh is fairly liberal and Philadelphia is very liberal.  Not to mention the Hienz family connections in Pittsburgh.  It you look at my prediction map you will see that I grudgingly gave my homestate to Kerry.  I think he will win here.  On the other hand, I don't think that Kerry has much of a chance of taking West Virginia unless he puts a Pennsylvainian, Ohioan, West Virginian, Virginian or Kentuckyan on the ticket, which isn't likely.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2004, 10:30:45 PM »

Ohio will go for Kerry, only if Pennsylvania does.

JOBS

Ohio don't got em

Ohio is far more socially conservative on the whole though.  Ohio even has major cities that are conservative.  ie Culumbus and Cinncinati

Pittsburgh is fairly liberal and Philadelphia is very liberal.  Not to mention the Hienz family connections in Pittsburgh.  It you look at my prediction map you will see that I grudgingly gave my homestate to Kerry.  I think he will win here.  On the other hand, I don't think that Kerry has much of a chance of taking West Virginia unless he puts a Pennsylvainian, Ohioan, West Virginian, Virginian or Kentuckyan on the ticket, which isn't likely.

W-A-R-N-E-R Wink

N-E-V-E-R  H-A-P-P-E-N
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2004, 10:41:40 PM »

Yes going after the terrorists using a police method really works. I forgot, Clinton defeated Terrorism. lol Kerry is a Dove he may launch a few missles if we get attacked but he will use no force to destroy our enemies. Bush is making our future safer.

It sounds like your saying if Americans re-elect Bush they can expect more Middle East Campaigning. Where do the Republicans want to turn next? Iran? Syria? Egypt? Dare I hope Saudi Arabia?

I was reading a piece about Bush's 2000 campaign from what I read on his perspectives he wanted to run on a policy of essentially isolationism. I don't know, that's what I got out of the message.

Siege40

I would say Iran or Syria would be the next ones. I agree Saudi Arabia should be on the list, but it's never going to happen. Bushs' 2000 campaign issues on National Security are irrelevant now. That was before 9/11. The nations of the Middle East need to be enlightened.

Saudi Arabi is currently working on a number of human rights reforms, but I think that that's only because they could read the writing on the wall.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2004, 04:13:09 PM »

McCain is a Democrat, dont let the (R) fool you.

McCain isn't a Democrat.  As Republican Senators go, he is probably in the middle when it comes to ideology.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2004, 06:53:19 PM »

McCain is a Democrat, dont let the (R) fool you.

No, McCain should have an (E) by his name...for ego.

McCain probably does have one of the biggest egos in the Seante, but he is far from the most liberal Republican.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2004, 01:23:01 PM »

Well I'll be too young to vote when the election comes around (17) but I'll get most of my family and neighbors to vote for Bush!

He has to win for the country to continue down the right course and to win the war on terrorism.

We all need to ask the question, who does UBL want to win the election?

Hey, welcome.  Feel free to checkout the other folders and treads.  The more posters the better.  Smiley  Take a look at our fantasy election, as well.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2004, 07:55:42 PM »

I know, I know.  But I think it will give him a few votes if he can appear to be more regional than Bush.

i think your predictions are dead on for now...except Louisana, which would give us the same result as 2000 (I hope)

Kerry will never win in Colorado.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2004, 11:33:03 PM »

Not most, but many.  I think PA will be within 2-3% (no matter who wins) so if they vote for Nader, that could be more than enough to swing it to Bush.

Western PA in Pop-u-list coal mining nation is a waaaaay different world.

Philly liberal are WAY different from Pittsburgh liberal, your right about that Miami.  Western PA is going to have a hard time swollowing Kerry, I'm not saying that they won't vote Kerry, but the culture clash between the regional personalities and Kerry's could be enough for Bush to prevail in the Pittsburgh area.  If that happens then PA is Bush country.
Pages: 1 [2]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies