VA: Washington Post Poll - Allen (R) and Webb (D) about even
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:53:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Senatorial Election Polls
  VA: Washington Post Poll - Allen (R) and Webb (D) about even
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: VA: Washington Post Poll - Allen (R) and Webb (D) about even  (Read 1005 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 15, 2006, 12:46:42 AM »

Washington Post poll:

Allen-R: 49%
Webb-D: 47%
Parker-G: 2%
No Opinion: 2%

The Washington Post poll is based on telephone interviews with 1.004 randomly selected likely Virginia voters and was conducted Oct. 10-12. The MoE is +/- 3%.

Indeed, it ain´t over yet Wink
Downwinder

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -6.43

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 03:17:02 AM »

C'mon Webb!!  Get some momentum going??  Hasn't Allen spoken lately??  There hasn't been a mental gaffe in weeks.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 07:10:54 AM »

C'mon Webb!!  Get some momentum going??  Hasn't Allen spoken lately??  There hasn't been a mental gaffe in weeks.

Perhaps Allen has tuned 'saying nowt' into a winning strategy. Still his own 'foot-in-mouth' stupidity has livened this race up and made it competitive (though he has the edge), if nothing else

Dave
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2006, 08:17:35 AM »

The Washington Post poll is based on telephone interviews with 1.004 randomly selected likely Virginia voters and was conducted Oct. 10-12. The MoE is +/- 3%.

Does anyone else think Parker is going to end up denying this seat to Webb? 
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2006, 10:05:18 AM »

Does anyone else think Parker is going to end up denying this seat to Webb? 

It's a possibility that the waste of ballot space just might Sad

Dave
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2006, 10:43:55 AM »

God, I'm so sick of the Green party.
RJ
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2006, 10:57:53 AM »

I'm still having problems believing this race is this close. I suppose Allen's gaffs here are the Republicans version of Warner dropping out.

Sooner or later I'll have to start believing my lying eyes if these polls are this tight heading into the final week of the campaign. C'mon, Webb. Do something!
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2006, 11:25:02 AM »

The GreenOP is really working in Allen's favor, especially since Webb is far from being the liberal darling that some Dems would have liked to have on the ballot.
Deano963

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2006, 12:11:27 PM »

Haven't you heard? Allen's team is keeping him locked up and out of sight of voters for the rest of the campaign so he won't be able to make any more gaffes. I'm being completely serious - I saw a story about this somewhere. Pretty sad when a candidate is so stupid and damaging to his own camapign that his handlers won't even let him talk for fear of people figuring out what a racist piece of s*** he is.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2006, 12:28:18 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I am glad to see Webb is as competitive as he is, and could well sabatoge whatever chances Allen has left in running even a competitive campaign for his party's 2008 presidential nomination, but this paragraph above is sobering indeed.  As the article states, one of his main selling points during the Democratic primary this past June was his crossover appeal to Republicans given his military background, and the fact he served honorably as Navy Secretary under the Reagan administration.  It doesn't look as if it is happening.  I was also counting on him to at least make it competitive in his native southwestern Virginia. 
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2006, 02:22:16 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I am glad to see Webb is as competitive as he is, and could well sabatoge whatever chances Allen has left in running even a competitive campaign for his party's 2008 presidential nomination, but this paragraph above is sobering indeed.  As the article states, one of his main selling points during the Democratic primary this past June was his crossover appeal to Republicans given his military background, and the fact he served honorably as Navy Secretary under the Reagan administration.  It doesn't look as if it is happening.  I was also counting on him to at least make it competitive in his native southwestern Virginia. 

I think you're right and you touched upon my concerns.  Firstly I think Parker will probably cut into Webb sufficiently to re-elect Allen but also I was hoping that Webb could appeal to Reagan Democrats in the state.  I think a real reason for the fact that Webb has failed to break out in the lead in this race is money; Allen has a lot of it and Webb is only just beginning to receive it from the DSCC.  Still, I am hopeful that Allen is finished if he wins anyway and that with continued funding Webb can possibly win. 
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2006, 02:33:29 PM »

Exactly, those bastards are accomplishing the opposite of what they claim to want. On election day, if this race is very competitive, Parker might get more like 1%.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2006, 02:58:02 PM »

Good news for Allen: He's almost at 50% and his hopes are buoyed by a Green Party candidate siphoning skeptical liberal votes from Webb.

Bad news for Allen: His $10.8 million in negative ads agaisnt Webb haven't had the impact wtih female voters that Dick Wadhams had expected. Webb will benefit from more attention from a less distracted Mark Warner.

This race has replaced Tennessee as the true Southern Senate tossup.  I give Allen the edge today, but who knows about tomorrow.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies