Barack Obama (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:11:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Barack Obama (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Barack Obama  (Read 20536 times)
Saxwsylvania
Van Der Blub

« on: October 22, 2006, 11:20:56 AM »

If Obama runs, he's the nominee.  Democrats love him and the media loves him.

Barack has got to be the luckiest politican out there.  No other Senator has a media constantly harping about how great he is, how charismatic he is, how he is so "telegenic" and so on and so forth.  No other politican has become so beloved to the press after one speech.

How about John Thune?  He defeated a sitting party leader for the first time in over forty years!  He'd make a great President!  I hope he runs.  How about David Vitter?  Richard Burr?  Jim DeMint?  Johnny Isakson?  And on the Democratic side, how about Ken Salazar?  All these people have spent just as much time in the Senate as Obama, but you don't see them being mentioned for President after less than two years after being elected.  They don't have the benefit of a mass media following them around everywhere.

Perhaps I am biased against Obama because I'm not a Democrat.  But there are many Democrats out there I'd feel more comfortable with.  Joe Biden, Evan Bayh, Bill Richardson.  Even John Edwards has had more experience!

If he is going to run in 2008, then he is going to run early so he will not accumulate a vote record that will be used against him.  He is not tested and is a dangerous man.  I hope that the Democratic primary voters have sense enough to put experience before good looks and charisma.
Saxwsylvania
Van Der Blub

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 05:11:25 PM »

Except Bill Clinton's not eligible...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies