Barack Obama (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:51:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Barack Obama (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Barack Obama  (Read 20554 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: October 22, 2006, 06:21:23 PM »

Obama does not have the experience needed to be President.  It is too short and all legislative.  If he does get the nomination I certainly will not be voting Democratic in 2008 and whether I vote Republican would depend upon who their nominee is.  It would make 2008 be for me much like 2000 was where I eliminated Gore from consideration early but it wasn't until the last week that I decided to vote for Nader instead of Bush.  The sole difference is that while I still would not consider voting for Gore, I could see myself voting for Obama in 2012 or 2016 once he's gotten some more experience.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 12:54:35 AM »

How many years in national gov't did W have?  or Clinton? or Reagan? or Carter?
Obama has two years serving in the Senate, four by the time he'd take office. No President, hell, no major party candidate for President has had less experience before taking office. Let Obama simmer in the Senate for at least one re-election campaign and see whether he actually is something more than charisma in a suit.

I'll discount the general-presidents such as Grant and Eisenhower in my reply, but you know  Obama's four years in the U.S. Senate and eight years in the State Senate is more than another president's two years in the U.S. House and eight in the State House of Representatives.  I am of course referring to another Illini, Lincoln.  Not that I intend to support Obama in 2008 as I agree he could use more seasoning.  Besides, Obama's hinting at a possible Presidential run at the start of a book tour reminds me a bit too much of Colin Powell and his book for my tastes.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 05:46:29 PM »

I like Ariail's carttons

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies