Hillary Clinton and Arkansas (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:44:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Hillary Clinton and Arkansas (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hillary Clinton and Arkansas  (Read 9269 times)
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« on: January 31, 2007, 10:01:26 AM »

This map shows why Arkansas is a critical state (even if there is no Arkansan running). God Forbid that the Dems nominate her!
(do you really want to hear the Republicans whine for eight years about Bill and Hillary??) but here is how she *could* win (270-268):

I don't know if she would win, unless the Republicans nominate someone who is very conservative.

Of all the southern states Arkansas is one of the most winnable. If the Dems abandon the South altogether, then Arkansas may go 'red' along with the rest of the South. Sure abandoning *most* of the South makes sense, but a few states will be in play in 08 morenlikely.
If the Dems really want to be wise they will pick someone who was against the Iraq war from the start. But if they chose someone who voted for the war, Edwards is obviously the best choice (although he could pick a nonwhite and/or a female as his VP, of course).
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 07:57:36 AM »

What is the significance of the pink states?  I can't see any qualities that they all share exclusively.  Are you simply predicting close races in those states only should Hillary win the Dem nomination?

I think they will be close, assuming it is a close race, and except for perhaps Arkansas, they will be close no matter who the Dem nominee is,
Arkansas may go Republican unless a southerner or Hillary is at the top of the ticket
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies