College-educated population is concentrating in urban areas. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:49:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  College-educated population is concentrating in urban areas. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: College-educated population is concentrating in urban areas.  (Read 3146 times)
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« on: October 16, 2006, 07:45:47 PM »

there becomes a linear positive relationship between education and voting Democratic.

That's about as suprising as finding out that there is a direct link between the % of blue collar workers in a given area how likely that area is to vote for the Labour Party Tongue Wink
What sort of link, if any, is there between education and voting patterns in britain, Al?
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 08:30:27 PM »

I don't think of intellectuals when I think of conservative hicks, so this isn't too surprising.

The other interesting thing is that rural areas that do have a high percentage of college graduates (e.g. Vermont) still vote Democratic.

Hmm...the Vermont factor makes me wonder about how it used to be say 20-30 years ago (when Vermont was a very Republican state)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies