right to work laws (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:21:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  right to work laws (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: right to work laws  (Read 7530 times)
migrendel
Italy

« on: June 21, 2004, 11:30:39 AM »

I believe that the decision to strike is a personal one, and I do not believe that anyone should be kept from a job that they wish to do. However, I would advise anyone who disagrees with a union's decision to strike to resign their membership, because I believe an organization is entitled to common goals, and I believe there is something just a little off-kilter about someone who will reap the benefits of an organization without aiding it in its time of need.
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2004, 11:55:58 AM »

Yes. I believe that such a bureaucracy should be open to the democratic scrutiny of its member
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2004, 12:18:12 PM »

If you wish to analogize it to dermatology, you are right.
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2004, 12:26:37 PM »

I guess the wounds run deep. If only that Arthur Scargill wasn't so ruthlessly ambitious and unconcerned with individual welfare, that needless strife could have been avoided.
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2004, 09:24:16 AM »

I don't see the point of unions. A properly designed regulatory scheme could solve all the complaints about worker conditions. They would thus be rendered obsolete. And you're absolutely right, Walter Mitty. Collective bargaining prevents the natural adjustment of wage rates. In addition, I cannot support them because I believe they give preference to the wishes of a bureaucracy that benefits from them, not the workers. In fact, I think it maligns the individual desires of workers to fuse them into a collective will, one that shows little discrimination between the variances inherent to any class of wage earners.
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2004, 09:43:21 AM »

I simply think that OSHA needs to dramatically expand the amount of workplace protection regulation.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies