right to work laws (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:34:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  right to work laws (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: right to work laws  (Read 7527 times)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« on: June 21, 2004, 10:50:06 AM »

it's time for me to talk about one of my favorite subjects--right to work laws.  it baffles me that there isnt a national right to work law.  i think unions and their servants in the congress (i.e. democrats) realize that unions wont survive if people actually have a *choice* on whether to join them or not.  therefore, they must rely on extortion techniques to keep their membership (and their bank acounts) up.

southern states realized long ago that if they were ever going to get out of the ditch they were in, they could only do so by attracting industry.  you cant spur economic development unless you have a right to work law.

take a look at the great state of west virginia.  i love west virginia.  i hate the way the labor unions have ran that state into the ground.  if west va passed a right to work law, you wouldnt even be able to recognize the state in 5-10 years.  they would actually have some economic development, lower unemployment, and new people moving in, rather than natives moving out.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2004, 06:24:38 PM »

state's rights:  did you name your daughter after the state of virginia?  or did you just like the name virginia?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2004, 06:44:30 AM »

the only positive things unions can say is that their membership gets higher wages.

HOWEVER, i believe that the market should set wages.  artifical wage inflation is *bad* for the economy.

wonder who ends up pay those wildly inflated wages...that's right, the consumer.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies