Hillary leads McCain and Giuliani - CNN Poll
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:22:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Hillary leads McCain and Giuliani - CNN Poll
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Hillary leads McCain and Giuliani - CNN Poll  (Read 2858 times)
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2006, 10:38:50 AM »

I don't find this all that hard to believe.  Hillary is not unbeatable by any means.

I would not vote for McCain over anybody, but I'm not sure I could bring myself to vote for Hillary either.  In a Giuliani vs. Clinton race, I'd vote for Rudy without a second thought.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2006, 10:41:56 AM »
« Edited: October 21, 2006, 10:44:24 AM by Quincy »

This is one poll, there are other polls out there, most other polls done on this race, there are plenty of others that has something to say about this race. I look at the individual states, I don't see any red states she can really pick up and might lose some of the blue states.  I believe the Dems would be better off with a more moderate approach. She is a very polarizing figure. And this poll was done without any negative press coverage as well.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2006, 10:43:34 AM »

I don't find this all that hard to believe.  Hillary is not unbeatable by any means.

I would not vote for McCain over anybody, but I'm not sure I could bring myself to vote for Hillary either.  In a Giuliani vs. Clinton race, I'd vote for Rudy without a second thought.

But since I HOPE Guiliani wouldn't sell his soul - he's not getting the nom - unless the Christian Right become pragmatic.

"Hilary is NOT unbeatbale"... Isn't the prevailing wisdom in this place that she'd have her ass handed to her against most Reps (something I always question)?
Conan
conan

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2006, 11:08:33 AM »

The only thing, is that McCain isn't leading in the polls for the nomination, Guiliani is and he is defeating her.
Not according to this.
Conan
conan

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2006, 11:10:41 AM »

Hilarious for you maybe. Not for Hillary though.

I hate McCain but people actively interested in politics tend to assume everyone else will eventually come around to their way of thinking, i.e. Lamont in CT. But usually it doesn't work that way. McCain probably can't win the GOP primary but he would be a formidable general election candidate, certainly way above average.

I'm sure the Republican base wants a cross dressing, pro-partial birth abortion, pro gun control, gay friendly, adulterist on his 3rd marriage New Yawker. 

Maybe Republicans are more pragmatic. One polling firm intentionally push-polled Guiliani and he still did very well among GOP voters (i.e. they basically said how liberal he was before asking the topline question). It's not really a secret that Guiliani is liberal.

That said, it would be pretty bizarre if Guiliani ran on an identical platform in a GOP primary as he did in a NYC Mayoral race. He definitely has some 'outs' to mitigate his prior record (i.e. federalism).
Most republicans dont know the real Giuliani. They know hes a republican and walked on NYC streets on 9/11. That's pretty much it.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2006, 11:18:42 AM »

You can bet that during the race for the nomination that other GOP candidates will use Giuliani's views on social issues against him. Whether it can overcome his charisma and likeability is another story. Regardless, expect him to give one hell of a speech as the RNC.

Personally, I say if Giuliani wins the nomination, people might as well start addressing him as the President-elect. But then again, I'm probably wrong as a lot can change in two years.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2006, 11:37:18 AM »
« Edited: October 21, 2006, 11:40:15 AM by Quincy »

According to another poll Giulliani is defeating her conan: http://www.pollingreport.com/2008.htm#misc. In this Democratic skewed poll she is but in others she isn't.
Conan
conan

« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2006, 11:56:40 AM »

This poll is the newest and the others dont play with Rodham.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2006, 11:58:32 AM »
« Edited: October 21, 2006, 12:00:20 PM by Quincy »

But this is the same marist college poll that has her up substantially in the NY senate race. I will not strickly go by this poll until others substantiate this poll.
Conan
conan

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2006, 12:46:06 PM »

But this is the same marist college poll that has her up substantially in the NY senate race. I will not strickly go by this poll until others substantiate this poll.
This isn't a marist poll.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2006, 12:54:03 PM »

I was talking about the one I posted, that had Giuliani up over Clinton. I am more likely to believe that one than the cnn poll because they have her up by a great deal in the nY senate race.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2006, 01:59:53 PM »
« Edited: October 21, 2006, 02:04:11 PM by Quincy »

She isn't leading by that much in QU  polls or the Siena polls. I am saying that I would like to see other polls substantiate this poll, because all the polls like Rasmussen, and Marist got her behind, and CNN has been known to be more supportive of the Clintons.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2006, 02:46:51 PM »
« Edited: October 21, 2006, 02:56:10 PM by Quincy »

Marist have been polling races and are a very accurate pollster, apart from the NY senate race, they are the best in the business. This poll doesn't square with Rasmussen, Marist or MSNBC polls, I have to see more polls to substantiate this poll. The other polls that show her behind substantiate that she is not unbeatable that's all I have been trying to say. She may be ahead in one or a few polls but she is beatable.
Conan
conan

« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2006, 03:53:11 PM »
« Edited: October 21, 2006, 03:55:47 PM by conan »

She isn't leading by that much in QU  polls or the Siena polls. I am saying that I would like to see other polls substantiate this poll, because all the polls like Rasmussen, and Marist got her behind, and CNN has been known to be more supportive of the Clintons.
The last Quin poll had her 65%! She is around the mid 60s in almost every poll and Schumer won 71% in 04.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2006, 04:07:39 PM »

But Siena poll has her down to 59%. And Rasmussen as well. Anyway, I am not arguing if she is ahead or not ahead, I am arguing that she isn't unbeatable and Tester and McCaskill said the same thing.
Conan
conan

« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2006, 04:10:22 PM »

But Siena poll has her down to 59%. And Rasmussen as well. Anyway, I am not arguing if she is ahead or not ahead, I am arguing that she isn't unbeatable and Tester and McCaskill said the same thing.
Hillary is unbeatable in her Senate race now. However the presidency is a different case, but she certainly has a good chance.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2006, 04:30:12 PM »

Given it's barely three weeks before election day in a year in which Republicans are at their most unpopular, I am not surprised to see a Democrat outpolling John McCain -hell, pretty much most Republicans contemplating running for President would be outpolled by a generic Democrat at this point.

Give me another such poll a year and a half from now (at least), and I might lend it more credence than I do this one. 
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies