Connecticut: Lamont seems done to me (ARG) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:50:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Senatorial Election Polls
  Connecticut: Lamont seems done to me (ARG) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Connecticut: Lamont seems done to me (ARG)  (Read 2626 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: October 21, 2006, 01:07:38 PM »

It is a real shame that Schlesinger won't win since he would make the best Senator of those running!  Does he have a future in politics after this?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 01:58:22 PM »

He had A LOT of really good ideas in the debates and REALLY, REALLY impressed me! 

Social Security: His idea on how to prevent social security privitization was to revoke congress's pensions and make them pay for  their own healthcare.  I doubt many of them would oppose social security then (it would also save taxpayers some money or allow the money to go to something else).  Heck, you might actually see conservitives supporting universal healthcare.

Iraq: He says on his website that we NEED to have AT LEAST 50% of our troops out of Iraq by next year.  During the debate he said that no one running for that seat, not even Lamont, supports immeadiate troop withdrawl.  Both he and Lamont support a timeline.

Energy Independence: He said that we need to tax oil companies and reaserch alternitive fuels with the money.  MY OPINION: The reason we cannot be serious when we say we want to spread Democracy is because countries like Saudi Arabia can say "If you are to hard on us, up the prices go up."  And countries like Sudan support Saudi Araaba, Iran, and Venuzela during U.N. votes, so they wouldn't let us do anything to those countries (least they lose an ally).

When Joe Libermen said that Washington needed to be fixed, Schlesinger said to Lamont : Mr. Lamont your a buisnessman.  If someone came to you and said: Gee boss, I've been working on this thing for 18 years and it's in worse shape then when I started; what would you say?  Lamont responed "It's time to go!" 

When Lamont said Ct wasn't getting its fair share of money, Schlesinger said that if Lamont cared so much about Ct, than he should give some money to the state instead of to his campagin.

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 07:57:49 PM »

Why the hell is Schlesinger a Republican then?

I don't know, I think he is in the wrong party.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies