Connecticut: Lamont seems done to me (ARG) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:40:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Senatorial Election Polls
  Connecticut: Lamont seems done to me (ARG) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Connecticut: Lamont seems done to me (ARG)  (Read 2639 times)
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« on: October 20, 2006, 10:27:47 PM »

I gotta admit that I do find it kind of funny how strongly the Republicans are supporting a guy who has said again and again that he will caucus with the Democrats.  Besides the Iraq War and a couple other minor issues, Lieberman is not exactly in line with the ideology of most Republicans.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 11:05:34 PM »

Lamont needs to do a better job of pointing out where most of Leibermans support is coming from.

Sort of.  The problem with that approach is that only around 38% of his support is coming from Republicans (in this poll, at least).  If you go the route of antagonizing Lieberman's supporters, you'd probably run the very real risk of upsetting even more of them rather than convincing them to support Lamont because you chastised them.

I think Lamont's only real hope at this point is for Republicans to stop flirting with Lieberman and to shift to Schlesinger at the last moment.  If Schlesinger was able to siphon off 10% or so from Lieberman's supporters, then Lamont would have a real shot.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies