What is the most liberal ethnic group in the U.S.? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:23:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  What is the most liberal ethnic group in the U.S.? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What is the most liberal ethnic group in the U.S.?  (Read 11709 times)
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« on: October 28, 2006, 02:07:53 PM »

I do find, though, that despite their professed sympathy for blacks, Jews are in practice less likely to live in proximity to blacks than less well-off whites.

From my experience secular Jews are the most liberal. 

Regarding the proximity: I think you have to make a distinction between secular vs. Religious/Haredi groups.  Many of the Hasids live right in the middle or on the outskirts of the "hood".

patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 02:44:44 PM »
« Edited: October 28, 2006, 02:57:07 PM by patrick1 »

Jews methinks. Btw, how do Hasidic Jews in the U.S vote?

Strategically;)   or how the rebbe tells them to. 

The Hasids do vote in massive blocs to who they feel will best serve their interests (like all ethnic groups really but not in the blocks) In New York city they will vote for Dems because they are the only gaem in town.  Statewide they have voted heavily for Schumer and Clinton but they used to vote strongly for Crooked Al D'Amato also. 

For Jewish oting patterns I used to use the adage if you don't wear a hat then your a democrat.  The Hasids are more open to Republican /conservative overtures. 
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 02:50:53 PM »

Jews methinks. Btw, how do Hasidic Jews in the U.S vote?

Stragegically;)   or how the rebbe tells them to. 

The Hasids do vote in massive blocs to who they feel will best serve their interests (like all ethnic groups really but not in the blocks) In New York city they will vote for Dems because they are the only gaem in town.  Statewide they have voted heavily for Schumer and Clinton but they used to vote strongly for Crooked Al D'Amato also. 

For Jewish oting patterns I used to use the adage if you don't wear a hat then your a democrat.  The Hasids are more open to Republican /conservative overtures. 

In recent mayoral elections Hasids o course went all out for Rudy after the massive Dinkin's backlash after Crown Heights riots.  The community has also strongly supported Bloomberg. 
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2006, 05:04:17 AM »

The Satmars are not a pleasant people.  That is all.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 10:50:10 PM »

The Satmars are not a pleasant people.  That is all.

Why is that?

Even better example of the Satmar split - the town of Ramapo, Rockland County, New York.  Bush's election district performances ranged from 10.6% (district 6) to 99.1% (district 57).  A little something for everyone (although if you're a gentile Republican, you're probably screwed).

Well they tend to stick exclusively to themselves and from my, albeit limited experience, treat others outside their sect like either non-entities or garbage.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies