World Government? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:58:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  World Government? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you support the idea of some kind of World Government?
Yes

Yes, but

Yes, with write in

No

No, but

No, with write in

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 26

Author Topic: World Government?  (Read 5346 times)
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -8.35

« on: October 29, 2006, 07:02:13 PM »

Shame on you!
This is size-fits-all taken to its extreme form.

Let me tell you, outside of liberal la-la land, what would happen if we implemented a world government tomorow:
A coalition of indian and chinese would come into power, who would "find" that the weestern world has too much money and they themselves too little. They would start a massive redistribution campaign to destroy wealth in the developed world and prop themselves up.
Is this what you want? Seriously, there once was a time when decentralization was a liberal ideal. Where has that gone to?

First of all no specific plan such as that has been laid out.  Even if a unicameral population based legislature was given complete control, I seriously doubt China and India would form a coalition to get money.  They'd each claim the right to more money and all hell would break lose.  They hate each other anyway.  Anyways I would see a bicameral legislature with something like the General Assmebly involved diminsishing big countries' power.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies