Democrats & DC? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:57:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Democrats & DC? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democrats & DC?  (Read 6638 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: June 22, 2004, 08:02:49 PM »

DC's voting stats aren't really that much different from most other major cities, it just gets more attention because it's counted by itself.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2004, 08:13:25 PM »

Yeah, it's heavily populated with blacks. When I went there, for every Asian, black, and hispanic together I saw in San Francisco was replaced by blacks in Washington. It's like 70% black I'm sure, and 90% of blacks vote democrat.

60% actually.

http://www.city-data.com/city/Washington-District-of-Columbia.html
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2004, 08:15:37 PM »

DC's voting stats aren't really that much different from most other major cities, it just gets more attention because it's counted by itself.

It's so obvious they vote strickly by D or R. Because if they actually looked at the candidates the split would be higher like 60/40 or 65/35. But 95/5? Comeon now you know they are just voting straight party ticket.

if you're talking about blacks, yes you're right, but the same is true for pretty much any other major city with a high black population. But even without the black population, DC would be as safe for the Democrats as Utah is for the Republicans. DC is safe for the Democrats because it's very culturally liberal like most major cities. The black vote is why we get massive landslides, but not neccesarily why we always carry the city. That's what nclib was trying to point out. Still Nixon probably would've won it in 1972 had it not have been for the black vote.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2004, 08:28:17 PM »

It's so obvious they vote strickly by D or R. Because if they actually looked at the candidates the split would be higher like 60/40 or 65/35. But 95/5? Comeon now you know they are just voting straight party ticket.

if you're talking about blacks, yes you're right, but the same is true for pretty much any other major city with a high black population. But even without the black population, DC would be as safe for the Democrats as Utah is for the Republicans. DC is safe for the Democrats because it's very culturally liberal like most major cities. The black vote is why we get massive landslides, but not neccesarily why we always carry the city. That's what nclib was trying to point out. Still Nixon probably would've won it in 1972 had it not have been for the black vote.

And that's sad really. Because even though I strongly disagree with you I believe you have the right to vote for who you like. You are showing you think for yourself.

and blacks have that right as well. they choose to vote straight ticket, which is a choice I have also made.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2004, 07:57:56 PM »
« Edited: June 23, 2004, 08:02:44 PM by Better Red Than Dead »

I've been to DC and thought it was great. Blows the hell out of all those stupid lily white suburbs.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2004, 11:06:43 PM »

I hate the type of communities that exist of nothing but a bunch of married couples who all have 2.5 children, drive an SUV, and live in perfect houses with white picket fences seperating everything. Those type of places are sprouting up all around the Twin Cities and I hate them. So stuffy and boring. Give me the inner cities, at least they have culture and actually have things to do, places like DC are the places I find interesting, the crime and pollution doesn't bother me, it beats the boringness of the places I described.

for the record I currently live in a medium sized city which basically has everything I like about large cities and few of the disadvantages, although it's not quite as good as the Twin Cities where I'll probably be moving soon.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies