Democrats & DC? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:12:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Democrats & DC? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democrats & DC?  (Read 6637 times)
English

« on: June 23, 2004, 09:02:50 AM »

DC doesn't vote any different to other inner city area. Philly, Boston, NY, Detroit, Chicago are equally strong Democrat. It's because the population is heavily non-white and the whites that do live there are young liberal professionals.
English

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2004, 05:44:23 AM »

Wow! I agree with that completely!
In the UK we have some really nasty 'new suburbs' built in the last 30 years. They're truly horrible. Thousands of boring, boxy, featureless homes surrounding a boring shopping mall. They have no character or individuality whatsoever, just like most of the people who live in them. Even the landscaping is clinical and boring. it's enough to send you into a coma.
I live in a Victorian tree-lined avenue in the inner city. OK, the crime is worse and it's noisier, but at least it has character and vibrancy. You actually see people walking and sat outside cafe's and bars. How much better is that?

I hate the type of communities that exist of nothing but a bunch of married couples who all have 2.5 children, drive an SUV, and live in perfect houses with white picket fences seperating everything. Those type of places are sprouting up all around the Twin Cities and I hate them. So stuffy and boring. Give me the inner cities, at least they have culture and actually have things to do, places like DC are the places I find interesting, the crime and pollution doesn't bother me, it beats the boringness of the places I described.

for the record I currently live in a medium sized city which basically has everything I like about large cities and few of the disadvantages, although it's not quite as good as the Twin Cities where I'll probably be moving soon.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies