MD-Sen: Lying Steele flier claims he got endorsments from Mfume, Curry, Johnson
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:43:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MD-Sen: Lying Steele flier claims he got endorsments from Mfume, Curry, Johnson
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MD-Sen: Lying Steele flier claims he got endorsments from Mfume, Curry, Johnson  (Read 1855 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 06, 2006, 07:40:30 PM »

Except they didn't.

I think several years of hard time in prison and a multi-million dollar fine might be a small start towards a penalty for this kind of crap.

kgt107
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 08:03:44 PM »

There is no way this is a flier from the Steele campaign, it endorses Steele and Ehrlich, but then Democrats in the other races.  It makes no sense, and looks like somebody made it up on their home computer in about 5 minutes, and added paid for by Steele and Ehrlich at the bottom.
NHPolitico

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 09:10:04 PM »

Does campaign finance laws even allow materials to be paid for by a "for governor" committee and a "for US Senate" committee?

I call shenanigans.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 09:34:26 PM »

Does campaign finance laws even allow materials to be paid for by a "for governor" committee and a "for US Senate" committee?

I call shenanigans.

As far as I can tell, nothing in Federal law would prohibit it.  Heck, Steele would even be allowed to hand the Ehrlich campaign as much money as he wanted.  Now Maryland law might have something to say about it, but not Federal law.

However, I agree that this ain't likely to be legit.  If anything, it's something a Democratic kook put out so the Republicans could be accused of dirty tricks.
NHPolitico

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 09:39:09 PM »

Maybe it's from Steele-Ehrlich, but they sure as hell didn't pay for it. Those "Xs" are all over the place. Can Democrat schemers not use desktop publishing software?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2006, 09:42:45 PM »

The flier is real. Who specifically is behind it isn't 100% clear.

http://www.gazette.net/stories/110606/princou184921_31947.shtml
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2006, 12:26:51 AM »

Another hilarious example of Democrat plants, check this quote from firedoglake:

"According to Tucker Carlson just now on MSNBC, it appears that the GOP is falling back on that golden chestnut voter suppression to pull out the high-stakes Virginia senate race.  Flyers are being distributed in heavily Democratic and African-American neighborhoods claiming that the election is off.  The flyers say "paid for by the RNC.""

LOL. Now that's funny. The RNC would take credit for illegal notices!!! Surely these flyers will be produced and authenticated.

I mean, let's just say for a minute you believe the RNC is doing this. The left may consider Republicans pure evil, but to say "paid for by the RNC?" Anyone who is dumb enough to believe that surely has an IQ below 50.

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2006, 02:40:33 PM »

You naysayers are all wrong. Ehrlich and Steele were behind this. Thanks for the dirty tricks, you scumbags.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/11/07/AR2006110700740.html
NHPolitico

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2006, 04:03:04 PM »

You naysayers are all wrong. Ehrlich and Steele were behind this. Thanks for the dirty tricks, you scumbags.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/11/07/AR2006110700740.html

I'm man enough to admit I was wrong. I don't support tactics like that. I doubt Ehrlich and Steele knew about this, because it doesn't look like it was professionally done. The persons involved should be fired.
Deano963

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2006, 04:39:40 PM »

Another hilarious example of Democrat plants, check this quote from firedoglake:

"According to Tucker Carlson just now on MSNBC, it appears that the GOP is falling back on that golden chestnut voter suppression to pull out the high-stakes Virginia senate race.  Flyers are being distributed in heavily Democratic and African-American neighborhoods claiming that the election is off.  The flyers say "paid for by the RNC.""

LOL. Now that's funny. The RNC would take credit for illegal notices!!! Surely these flyers will be produced and authenticated.

I mean, let's just say for a minute you believe the RNC is doing this. The left may consider Republicans pure evil, but to say "paid for by the RNC?" Anyone who is dumb enough to believe that surely has an IQ below 50.

I thought Democrats were supposed ot be the ones who were idiot conspiracy theorists? This is the dumbest rant I have ever read on this forum. How in the hell did you manage to convince your puny brain that this REPUBLICAN LYING SCHEME was actually the fault of the Democrats? I guess you're just like every other Republican - facts don't matter to you, just make up what you want to believe.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2006, 05:34:46 PM »

Your're such a partisan hack Jfern.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2006, 07:00:10 PM »

Your're such a partisan hack Jfern.

Uh, it's true. Why don't you actually do some research before you go insulting people.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies