VA: Rasmussen: VA senate race statistically tied (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:57:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Senatorial Election Polls
  VA: Rasmussen: VA senate race statistically tied (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: VA: Rasmussen: VA senate race statistically tied  (Read 3384 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« on: November 03, 2006, 01:03:00 PM »

From what I can tell especially from the Gov race in VA last year, it seems VA is one of the few places where the Dem GOTV machine is as strong as the GOP.

As I pointed out here, the idea of a vastly superior GOP GOTV machine is a misconception.

Virginia is actually a state where in 2004 Bush outperformed the polls. However the Governor's race is probably a better example to compare this year against.

Actually, the 2005 Governor's race is pretty much the odd man out.  Historically, the GOP underpolls in Virginia to the tune of about 3%-4%, at least since the early 1990s.

Maybe the 2005 scenario will repeat itself this year, but I wouldn't go around saying that this is the historically correct interpretation.  And I don't see what, if any, this has to do with the GOP GOTV operation.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 01:16:44 PM »

The average of the polls said Warner was up by roughly 10%.  Mason-Dixon was the best for Easley, saying Warner up 6%.

He ended up winning by 5%.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies