TN: Rasmussen: Corker(R) edges out Ford(D)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:36:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Senatorial Election Polls
  TN: Rasmussen: Corker(R) edges out Ford(D)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TN: Rasmussen: Corker(R) edges out Ford(D)  (Read 2062 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 05, 2006, 10:32:24 AM »

New Poll: Tennessee Senator by Rasmussen on 2006-11-04

Summary: D: 47%, R: 51%, U: 2%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 10:33:52 AM »

No idea what's going on with the polls in TN this week... though Corker by a slim, but clear margin seems a whole lot more likley than Corker by a very wide margin (even if that is what Mason-Dixon's poll suggests).
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 11:10:40 AM »

This is where I think it is.
poughies
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2006, 11:10:52 AM »

Tennessee: This race has had none of the smooth trend lines that characterize the Montana race. At the beginning of October, Harold Ford, Jr. (D) was up five. Bob Corker (R) fired his senior campaign staff and mounted a comeback. Three straight polls found a close race. Then, last week, Corker opened a significant lead for the first time since summer. Now, it's Corker by four, 51% to 47%. See Scott's Page. Data coming later. While Corker has the edge, it's still fluid. When this is released on the public site, the race will be shifted from "Leans Republican" to "Toss-Up" in our Senate Balance of Power summary.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2006, 11:14:15 AM »

Tennessee: This race has had none of the smooth trend lines that characterize the Montana race. At the beginning of October, Harold Ford, Jr. (D) was up five. Bob Corker (R) fired his senior campaign staff and mounted a comeback. Three straight polls found a close race. Then, last week, Corker opened a significant lead for the first time since summer. Now, it's Corker by four, 51% to 47%. See Scott's Page. Data coming later. While Corker has the edge, it's still fluid. When this is released on the public site, the race will be shifted from "Leans Republican" to "Toss-Up" in our Senate Balance of Power summary.

We'll see, we'll see... Ford will need somthing special and pretty solid coatails from Bredensen to give him a shout now I fear... no idea why this race has suddenly swung back to the GOP, Corker by 3 is how i'd put it now...
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2006, 01:37:59 PM »

We'll see, we'll see... Ford will need somthing special and pretty solid coatails from Bredensen to give him a shout now I fear... no idea why this race has suddenly swung back to the GOP, Corker by 3 is how i'd put it now...
poughies
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2006, 01:42:32 PM »

Just an interesting sidenote..... Jennifer Duffy of Cook said that over fifty percent of the state has already voted via early.... Those voters are often unwilling to say who they voted for..... Rumor has it that Ford did substantially better among early voters than Corker........ That might have something to do with the REAL BIG uptick for Corker...... That said Ford prob trails by the 3 to 7 margin.... He better hope for a really really good turnout among students and blacks to have a shot....
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2006, 01:45:22 PM »

I still think that Bredesen's coattails will have some kind of push for Ford.  O isn't it exciting that we just don't know what will happen still?  Come on Harold!
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2006, 01:49:23 PM »

I want Ford, Casey, Webb, McCaskill, and Tester to win very badly.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2006, 02:15:45 PM »

I want Ford, Casey, Webb, McCaskill, and Tester to win very badly.

All could have an impact, and a postive one i might add, on the hill... to a lesser extent so might Brown (much as i disagree with him) and Kean.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2006, 02:18:36 PM »

Good to see Ford has finally stemmed the Corker surge. I still think Corker wins by 2-3 points.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies