MT: Rasmussen: Tester(D) leads by 2 against Burns(R) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:24:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Senatorial Election Polls
  MT: Rasmussen: Tester(D) leads by 2 against Burns(R) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MT: Rasmussen: Tester(D) leads by 2 against Burns(R)  (Read 15789 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: November 05, 2006, 02:27:56 PM »
« edited: November 05, 2006, 02:49:54 PM by Alcon »

If primaries say anything about general elections, then Cardin is more done than Burns.

But in reality, they do not. Burns has all the momentum and Montana is a red state. Tester peaked early and he's obviously out of answers.

The first part of this post, about having primaries doing nothing to do with anything, was great.  Then you got to this ridiculous "momentum" crap.  By and large, by the time we see momentum, it's over.  There are some cases - the crash in TN - being an exception.  But the movement has generally been within MoE range, which is simply not enough to establish that the numbers just didn't happen to fall that way.

I don't disagree that Burns has gained there, but I do dispute that you can call it a definite "trend."

EDIT: Just to clarify.  I don't mean to say that there isn't momentum, but the problem with momentum is that it tends to end quickly and it's hard to tell when.  I don't see it any more likely that his momentum will continue than won't, and if it doesn't, I think he'll still be behind.  Which is a bad position to be in.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 12:19:07 PM »

A weekend poll has the Dem up by 2 points...I say the odds are the GOP holds this seat and Burns wins by 3-6 points.

Way, way overestimating the effect of weekend polling.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 12:08:13 AM »

A weekend poll has the Dem up by 2 points...I say the odds are the GOP holds this seat and Burns wins by 3-6 points.

Way, way overestimating the effect of weekend polling.

I added momentum (1-2%), weekend (2%), very red state (1-2%), Saddam verdict (1-2%)

Why are you adding "very red state"?  Why would a poll need to make additional accounting for that?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies