VA-Sen: Calls threaten Democrats with jail time if they vote
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:46:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  VA-Sen: Calls threaten Democrats with jail time if they vote
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: VA-Sen: Calls threaten Democrats with jail time if they vote  (Read 1093 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 07, 2006, 04:40:59 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9i-_3TiN9g

http://thinkprogress.org/2006/11/07/voter-intimidation-virginia/

Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 05:17:42 PM »

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but I haven't had any personal experience with anything of this sort throughout the whole time I have been here (in Northern Virginia). 
Deano963

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 05:45:26 PM »

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but I haven't had any personal experience with anything of this sort throughout the whole time I have been here (in Northern Virginia). 

If you go to Jim Webb's website you can listen to the voicemail that was left on a Dem voter's answering machine that threatened him with criminal charges if he showed up to vote. The man who left the voicemail said that the voter in question was determined to be registered in NY and was not eligible to vote in VA. The man actually has been registered in VA since 1998 and has voted in VA elections since 1998. He is considering legal action if the can find out who left the voter-supressing call on his machine.

Moral of the story is this is not some rumor cooked up by a partisan Democrat, this is actually happening.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 05:49:28 PM »

If you go to Jim Webb's website you can listen to the voicemail that was left on a Dem voter's answering machine that threatened him with criminal charges if he showed up to vote. The man who left the voicemail said that the voter in question was determined to be registered in NY and was not eligible to vote in VA. The man actually has been registered in VA since 1998 and has voted in VA elections since 1998. He is considering legal action if the can find out who left the voter-supressing call on his machine.

Moral of the story is this is not some rumor cooked up by a partisan Democrat, this is actually happening.

I might have been registered to vote in 2, maybe even 3 places at once. I just only voted in the place I actually lived.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies