Who do you THINK will win the Republican nomination?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:44:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Who do you THINK will win the Republican nomination?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who do you THINK will win the Republican nomination? [last TradeSports transaction price in parentheses]
John McCain (54.Cool

Mitt Romney (13.2)

Rudy Giuliani (10.1)

Mike Huckabee (7.0)

Condi Rice (4.0)

Newt Gingrich (3.5)

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 26

Author Topic: Who do you THINK will win the Republican nomination?  (Read 1107 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 08, 2006, 03:56:48 PM »

Allen got alot of votes the last two times I've done this so the results should be pretty different.

I like McCain to win although I think Gingrich has a better chance than anyone gives him.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 04:12:12 PM »

Its Mitt Romney.  After a spirited primary battle in which neither gain traction, McCain and Giuliani lose in the critical South Carolina primary which ignites the Romney bandwagon.  Romney wins the nomination and chooses either former Governor Mike Huckabee of Arkansas or Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison for Vice President. 
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 05:01:37 PM »

Newt.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 05:09:23 PM »
« Edited: November 08, 2006, 05:24:56 PM by Dixiecrat »

McCain -while Republicans may be currently fawning over Rudy Giuliani and Democrats over Barack Obama, ultimately I really don't see any long-term movement away from what looks to be a race between Hillary Clinton and John McCain in 2008, a race in which it is highly likely that McCain will win. 

Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 05:32:34 PM »

McCain -while Republicans may be currently fawning over Rudy Giuliani and Democrats over Barack Obama, ultimately I really don't see any long-term movement away from what looks to be a race between Hillary Clinton and John McCain in 2008, a race in which it is highly likely that McCain will win. 

I agree with all of that. I simply cannot see anyone but McCain winning the Republican nomination.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 10:27:50 PM »

John McCain, and like I have said before in other posts, the GOP should rally behind McCain as early in the primary season as possible, and go into the election strong and united behind McCain, rather than coming out of the primaries divided, and with bitter feelings.
skybridge
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2006, 08:17:11 AM »

If the Republicans want to project a more friendly image, Romney. If they want to maintain the tough guy perception, Giuliani.
gorkay

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2006, 11:03:39 AM »

McCain's in the driver's seat, but he is by no means a shoo-in. He has a very delicate line to walk-- he has to convince the rank and file of the party that he is conservative enough to pass their muster, while not scaring away potential independent voters and Democratic defections.
I noticed at his press conference yesterday that he must have said the word "conservative" a dozen times. So he's playing up to the rightists in his own party, but I could sense people like me who have found much to admire in him wincing every time he said it.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2006, 11:18:57 AM »

I get the feeling McCain may pass on running, he isn't getting any younger. By process of elimination, this leaves Rudy Giuliani. In a primary, I doubt he could be competed with without McCain in the picture.
NHPolitico

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2006, 02:11:20 PM »

I get the feeling McCain may pass on running, he isn't getting any younger. By process of elimination, this leaves Rudy Giuliani. In a primary, I doubt he could be competed with without McCain in the picture.

He'll run as long as he feels healthy enough to do so.  There is a lot of desperation in the GOP right now.  It's easily tripled since before Tuesday.  They are scared to death of Hillary or Obama winning.
Governor PiT
Robert Stark
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -0.87

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2006, 02:13:10 PM »

Romney.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2006, 02:14:34 PM »

He'll run as long as he feels healthy enough to do so.  There is a lot of desperation in the GOP right now.  It's easily tripled since before Tuesday.  They are scared to death of Hillary or Obama winning.

See, the thing is, I believe that along with McCain and Giuliani, should he get the GOP Nomination...Mitt Romney would be a very promising candidate.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies