a question on libertarianism (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:25:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  a question on libertarianism (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: as you see it as a philosophy
a moderate aggregate blend of liberalism and conservatism

an off-scale strange type of conservatism

it's own philosophy

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 56

Author Topic: a question on libertarianism  (Read 12075 times)
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« on: November 14, 2006, 10:15:41 AM »

don't worry, these are people who make assumptions based on what they think they know, not by what's real.
Anarcho-capitalism is in no way authoritarian as it is against force.  Force is what makes something authoritarian.
It also isn't pro-corporation above individual rights.  When the red avatars learn that individual rights and business rights are aligned together against government.  Not government and individual against business, they could then undertand that it is government that elevates business to the level where they could become monopolies.  The only way a monopoly can exist is by means of government.

Great Post.

Too bad alot of libertarians seem to be "I don't want to pay my upkeep to society" types. That, and they seem to think that Africa is an inspiring economic model for us all.

Own Philosophy, btw.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 06:52:05 PM »

Pre-Plantation Celtic Ireland was far, far from anything that could be Anarcho-capitalist.

More like a decentralized system of feuding tribes, ever heard of Brian Boru? And the Viking warlords were hardly "Anarchistic".

(And I wouldn't call such a society a great success, though it was more prosperous and educated - presuming one was with the church - then anyway else in Western Europe at that time. But that's like comparing Iraq - minus oil - in the 80s with Iraq today.)
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 07:12:33 PM »

So would I.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 01:38:57 PM »

Libertarianism shouldn't be equated with Classical Liberalism really, which was a much more complex movement than most people here understand it (and was effectively in many countries, especially Latin American, basically Pro-British Imperialism).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies