McCain vs. Obama (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:11:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  McCain vs. Obama (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who wins?
(R) McCain/Romney

(D) Obama/Richardson

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 33

Author Topic: McCain vs. Obama  (Read 8318 times)
elcorazon

« on: November 16, 2006, 12:33:27 PM »

I think Obama would win easily barring a major gaffe or some sort of scandal, which hopefully would prevent Obama from winning the nomination.  It's not all about ideology or experience, and most voters, I suspect, would connect better with Obama.  I'm not going to do a map, but I think it might surprise a lot of you.

Also, I hate the idea of Obama as veep.  He adds no experience to the ticket and his vision/charisma is deflated by being the second fiddle (see Edwards in 2004).  If Obama fails to win the nomination, he should not accept a veep slot, but build up his resume in other ways (in the Senate, or possibly by cleaning up Illinois State Gov't in the governor's mansion).
elcorazon

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 01:17:54 PM »
« Edited: November 16, 2006, 01:39:06 PM by elcorazon »

I think Obama would win easily barring a major gaffe or some sort of scandal, which hopefully would prevent Obama from winning the nomination.  It's not all about ideology or experience, and most voters, I suspect, would connect better with Obama.  I'm not going to do a map, but I think it might surprise a lot of you.

Also, I hate the idea of Obama as veep.  He adds no experience to the ticket and his vision/charisma is deflated by being the second fiddle (see Edwards in 2004).  If Obama fails to win the nomination, he should not accept a veep slot, but build up his resume in other ways (in the Senate, or possibly by cleaning up Illinois State Gov't in the governor's mansion).

What has Obama done compared to McCain that would make him a strong national security President?
nothing. who said that people will automatically vote for the stronger "national security president"?  So long as people have good feelings about Obama, people will trust him to do the right thing.  I know it was pre-9/11, but Bush' national security resume was pretty empty prior to the 2000 election as well.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies