Do you trust Steve Schmidt on his attacks on John McCain
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 03:56:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Do you trust Steve Schmidt on his attacks on John McCain
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Do you trust Steve Schmidt on his attacks on John McCain  (Read 1094 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 11, 2022, 03:58:01 PM »

In my opinion I do not cause McCain was clearly the most anti Russian nominee either party has had since the end of the cold war

https://steveschmidt.substack.com/p/no-books-no-money-just-the-truth?s=r
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2022, 04:00:36 PM »

In my opinion I do not cause McCain was clearly the most anti Russian nominee either party has had since the end of the cold war

https://steveschmidt.substack.com/p/no-books-no-money-just-the-truth?s=r

And, you do tend to be gullible.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2022, 04:14:20 PM »

I forgot we aren't allowed to criticize Saint John the Murderer because muh healthcare vote made him a Resistance Hero.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2022, 04:15:44 PM »

Both of them suck.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2022, 04:21:41 PM »
« Edited: May 11, 2022, 04:25:54 PM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Yes I do.

There was always something fishy about the 2007-2008 campaign, McCain's primary operation, the selection of Palin and the incompetence of the whole campaign pause and such forth.

A crooked campaign manager, being retained only because he kept the lid on a bunch of McCain's dirty laundry makes all of the other things seem more reasonable.

McCain never should have been the nominee. His image was largely that of a media fabrication and this showed on the Lehman brother's collapse. The guy was great at playing Moderate Hero, eating up accolades by the media for it and accruing his own following of devotees (Remember, he only became the nominee because of Fred Thompson and Rudy falling on their swords at just the right time to help him out, and Huckabee only beat Romney in Iowa because Brownback dropped out. Also Lindsay Graham, before he was kowtowing to Trump was doing likewise for McCain.)

I said Romney was the proto-Trump on the shift towards nationalism on immigration and to some extent trade. But McCain very much was essential to Trump's rise, both in the bases anger at him, but also thanks to the Palin pick. Also reading that litany of campaign turbulence reminded me a lot of Trump's in 2016 (taken up to 11 because everything is bigger with Trump).
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2022, 04:25:24 PM »

Schmidt is a shady character, that's all I'm going to say (he said he'd register with the Democratic Party but is currently registered with the far-right, Wallacite American Independent Party - though in fairness it's possible he mistook registering for the AIP for registering as an Independent). There's likely some truth and some lies in whatever he's saying about McCain and the gang.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2022, 04:30:22 PM »

Schmidt is a shady character, that's all I'm going to say (he said he'd register with the Democratic Party but is currently registered with the far-right, Wallacite American Independent Party - though in fairness it's possible he mistook registering for the AIP for registering as an Independent). There's likely some truth and some lies in whatever he's saying about McCain and the gang.

Its kind of like Trump and his line about "hiring the best people".

Most everyone that surrounded McCain was some version of scum, terrible, crooked or a sycophant. Rudy and Graham were such for both McCain and Trump.

Certainly I have been vocal hostile to the whole of the Lincoln Project crew going back years for turning everything they touch into crap and I would certainly agree with your assessment, but if we are setting up some kind of dichotomy where because the LP crew are shady, it means that McCain is vindicated, then that is the same as Trumpists using his fixer's corruption as vindication for Trump himself.

Remember, they are all crooks.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2022, 04:46:45 PM »

John McCain like Romney lost to Obama and Biden so what is there to talk about, he didn't get to be his lifelong dream to being Prez but he should of won in 2000 not Bush W whom didn't capture Bin Laden whom when he was a threat and Bin Laden was in Pakistan
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2022, 04:59:15 PM »

Yes I do.

There was always something fishy about the 2007-2008 campaign, McCain's primary operation, the selection of Palin and the incompetence of the whole campaign pause and such forth.

A crooked campaign manager, being retained only because he kept the lid on a bunch of McCain's dirty laundry makes all of the other things seem more reasonable.

McCain never should have been the nominee. His image was largely that of a media fabrication and this showed on the Lehman brother's collapse. The guy was great at playing Moderate Hero, eating up accolades by the media for it and accruing his own following of devotees (Remember, he only became the nominee because of Fred Thompson and Rudy falling on their swords at just the right time to help him out, and Huckabee only beat Romney in Iowa because Brownback dropped out. Also Lindsay Graham, before he was kowtowing to Trump was doing likewise for McCain.)

I said Romney was the proto-Trump on the shift towards nationalism on immigration and to some extent trade. But McCain very much was essential to Trump's rise, both in the bases anger at him, but also thanks to the Palin pick. Also reading that litany of campaign turbulence reminded me a lot of Trump's in 2016 (taken up to 11 because everything is bigger with Trump).

This post basically hit the nail on the head
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2022, 05:32:23 PM »
« Edited: May 11, 2022, 10:53:16 PM by г-н Cмит »

Yes.

The man [McCain I mean] was of The Keating Five after all.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2022, 05:38:21 PM »

Not really. Maybe it's true but I don't just trust hm.
Cyrusman
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2022, 07:17:49 PM »

Nope. I never liked McCain but man Steve Schmidt cause across as a very angry person who hates a lot of people.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2022, 07:19:57 PM »

This reads like it was written by either a schizophrenic or someone with severe ADHD. The narrative doesn't progress rationally and it jumps around to unrelated accusations.

I judge people by their communication skills, so I don't believe any of this.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2022, 07:32:26 PM »

This reads like it was written by either a schizophrenic or someone with severe ADHD. The narrative doesn't progress rationally and it jumps around to unrelated accusations.

He also went on a 26 hour twitter tirade against McCain
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2022, 07:35:18 PM »

Yeah, this is why I don't do drugs.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2022, 07:47:54 PM »

Yeah, this is why I don't do drugs.

Also even if it is true that McCain campaign manager had business relations with a Russian oligarch , then only two questions need to be asked

1. Did it influence McCain’s policy beliefs towards Russia

2. Was it illegal

And the answer to both is no
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2022, 07:53:43 PM »

Deplorable attacks deplorable.  Let them have at it.
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2022, 08:32:55 PM »

I was under the impression that Davis cut his ties to Manafort and Deripaska in order to avoid being fired by McCain. I’m sure Davis hosting McCain’s funeral would have attracted negative attention otherwise.
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2022, 09:40:05 PM »

Yes. Most politicians are very sh**tty people.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2022, 09:42:23 PM »

Yes. Most politicians are very sh**tty people.

Most certainly.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2022, 09:44:38 PM »

"Russia" meant something much different in 2008 than it does today.  Schmidt is milking that for everything he can.  He's getting even with Meghan McCain.  Not that McCain is some great guy; he's the War Party candidate that I (perhaps wrongly) supported in 2008.

Schmidt is like a guy that went out and either (A) had a hot, steamy affair while married, or (B) purchased the services of a high-priced prostitute and is now coming clean not because he feels guilty, but because someone is giving him crap for it behind the scenes.  That, and he's a part of the Lincoln Project, the John Weaver Grift Project.  Schmidt is a weasel, period.  He's quite the Drama King.  But he's remarkably unconvincing, all things considered.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2022, 09:48:27 PM »

What he's saying is probably true but, as fun as it might be to see the McCains get dragged, Schmidt is still an HP grifter so who care.

Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2022, 11:00:03 PM »

Questionable method of judgment as it rewards Machiavellians and sociopaths over people with stutters, body damage, absent-mindedness that otherwise show good intentions.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2022, 11:02:30 PM »

Questionable method of judgment as it rewards Machiavellians and sociopaths over people with stutters, body damage, absent-mindedness that otherwise show good intentions.

Sociopaths are not nearly as hard to identify as people make them out to be.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2022, 11:32:10 PM »

Yes I do.

This hits the nail on the head as Mr.X said, but I’d like to add some of my remembrance from Gamechange, the original pick was Lieberman but it seems like this was leaked by someone early on in the process so it had to be scraped, next were Pawlenty Romney and a few others. Palin interestingly enough wasn’t a though until a few days before the announcement I think they did all the “vetting” with Palin in less than a week.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies