My Explanation in Full
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:16:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  My Explanation in Full
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: My Explanation in Full  (Read 2922 times)
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2004, 12:55:28 PM »

I don't think I'm the only one who isn't too thrilled with this administration so far.  BTW, where has Gustaf been?  I know I haven't been that active on the forum lately, but I don't think I've seen more than 1 or 2 posts out of him since he got elected.

And when is the next election again?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2004, 12:56:07 PM »

If your car is destroyed, and you have full insurance coverage, the insurance will pay you the car's fair market value, that is correct.

Yes, but what he is saying is that since the car was 10 years old the market value was probably about $1,000.  That doesn't help anyone much.  I know how expensive cars can be.  Even used ones.  
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2004, 01:00:20 PM »

I realize that, Soulty, but what does that have to do with tax cuts?

I'm sorry that your dad bought a lemon of a car for a replacement, Reaganfan. Unfortunately that's part of the risk of buying used cars, if they aren't checked out carefully first.

Also, your dad wasn't in the top 1% of tax earners yet at the time of this accident, so it really is irrelevant to the discussion at hand.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2004, 01:00:52 PM »

GWBfan--

Midterms are third weekend of August, presidential race the third weekend of October.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2004, 01:01:18 PM »

I don't think I'm the only one who isn't too thrilled with this administration so far.  BTW, where has Gustaf been?  I know I haven't been that active on the forum lately, but I don't think I've seen more than 1 or 2 posts out of him since he got elected.

And when is the next election again?

I'm sorry you feel that way.  (snaps fingures and brown shirts come out from behind the corner).  Show Mr. Fan the way out fellas.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2004, 05:29:39 PM »
« Edited: June 26, 2004, 05:30:14 PM by GWBFan »

I'm sorry you feel that way.  (snaps fingures and brown shirts come out from behind the corner).  Show Mr. Fan the way out fellas.

No!  Not the brown shirts!  Smiley
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2004, 06:07:24 PM »

Hey and by the way, I can see why you guys are voting Bush. Here is an intelligent fact by Reaganfan, and I promise this is the start of the new Reaganfan:

If my dad (AN OHIO COP) gets the promotion he wants, he will be having a lot more money. In John Kerry's plan, my father (MIDDLE CLASS, AND WE ARE NOT DOING TOO WELL RIGHT NOW) will be in Kerry's mind in the wealthiest one percent so he will get his ass taxed BIG TIME.

VOTE BUSH. (WOW, REAGANFAN ACTUALLY MADE A POINT LIKE A REAL GROWN-UP)

Your dad will be making over $200,000 per year? That's not middle class in my book. Plus, they are paying cops pretty well in Ohio now, I guess.....

$200,000 per year?

That is truly tragic, I really feel sorry for him, I mean, come on, ONLY $200,000 per year? That is about $70,000 to $80,000 more than my parents make between them and I consider us to be very lucky.

I cannot see how he "will be in Kerry's mind in the wealthiest one percent" if he is not actually in there, because, presumably they go by some kind of statistics and didn't just sit down and say, hey this Naso fellow, I think he should be part of the wealthiest one percent, let's charge him a load extra.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2004, 06:12:07 PM »

Hey and by the way, I can see why you guys are voting Bush. Here is an intelligent fact by Reaganfan, and I promise this is the start of the new Reaganfan:

If my dad (AN OHIO COP) gets the promotion he wants, he will be having a lot more money. In John Kerry's plan, my father (MIDDLE CLASS, AND WE ARE NOT DOING TOO WELL RIGHT NOW) will be in Kerry's mind in the wealthiest one percent so he will get his ass taxed BIG TIME.

Your dad will be making over $200,000 per year? That's not middle class in my book. Plus, they are paying cops pretty well in Ohio now, I guess.....

$200,000 per year?

That is truly tragic, I really feel sorry for him, I mean, come on, ONLY $200,000 per year? That is about $70,000 to $80,000 more than my parents make between them and I consider us to be very lucky.

I cannot see how he "will be in Kerry's mind in the wealthiest one percent" if he is not actually in there, because, presumably they go by some kind of statistics and didn't just sit down and say, hey this Naso fellow, I think he should be part of the wealthiest one percent, let's charge him a load extra.

My mom and dad together make arond 100,000 a year...
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2004, 09:42:25 PM »

$200,000 per year?

My guess it that, as a cop, he won't actually be making $200,000/year (maybe he will, if so, great, but not too many cops make that kind of cash) and thus won't actually be in the top one percent.
platypeanArchcow

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -7.65

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2004, 11:22:01 PM »

$200,000 per year?

My guess it that, as a cop, he won't actually be making $200,000/year (maybe he will, if so, great, but not too many cops make that kind of cash) and thus won't actually be in the top one percent.

I think top 1% is about $350,000/year, so he's not going to be in the top 1% anyway.  But I kind of doubt a cop would earn that much.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2004, 11:23:38 PM »

$200,000 per year?

I think top 1% is about $350,000/year, so he's not going to be in the top 1% anyway.  But I kind of doubt a cop would earn that much.

No kerry said himself he will raise taxes on any one make or make more then 100,000 a year....
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2004, 11:25:50 PM »

Please, somebody wake me up and tell me that this debate has anything to do with the topic?

Woah, that reminds me...

(Wake me up!) Wake me up inside
(I can't wake up) Wake me up inside
(Save me!) Call my name and save me from the dark..

(Wake me up) Bid my blood to run
(I can't wake) Before I go undone
(save me!) Save me from the nothing I've before...

Bring... me... to... life..

AMY LEE IS HOT, AMEN.

not really sure why you felt the need to start singing that song, but it's a great song, along with most on Fallen Smiley
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2004, 08:56:48 AM »

$200,000 per year?

No kerry said himself he will raise taxes on any one make or make more then 100,000 a year....

Oh really? Can you find a link to the exact quote?
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2004, 08:58:14 AM »

$200,000 per year?

Oh, it's 350,000? For some reason I thought it was 200k...maybe that's the cut off for top 5%. That only makes my argument stronger....350k/year is definitely not middle class. My family's income was 1/10 that much!
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2004, 06:05:59 PM »

To GWBFan, Midsummer's Day was this weekend. It's a pretty big thing in Sweden, so I've been away with no computer access for the last few days. I realize I should have told you that in advance, but I didn't have the time to...it's summer now, so I won't be in front of the computer all the time...but I don't think being inactive is all that much of a valid charge against me... Wink

I will try and get more active in the days to come...but let's remember that I'm not even sworn in yet.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies