Obama eyes Presidential bid (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:29:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Obama eyes Presidential bid (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama eyes Presidential bid  (Read 10235 times)
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« on: December 11, 2006, 03:04:31 AM »

Obama Takes First Steps in N.H.

[...]

To the question everyone wanted answered -- Is he going to run? -- Obama was noncommittal. "I haven't made that determination. I'm still running things through the traps," he said. He added, "I want to take my time on it, not only to make sure the politics makes sense but that I feel I have something unique to offer that would help move the country forward."

But he closed his speech here early Sunday night with words that seemed to signal growing interest in a campaign. "America is ready to turn the page," he said. "America is ready for a new set of challenges. This is our time. A new generation is prepared to lead."

Aides said a final decision will come in January, while in the meantime the Obama team continues to prepare the machinery for a campaign if the senator concludes that the time is right. Pronouncing himself "suspicious of hype," Obama said he would not be driven into the race "simply because of the opportunity but because I think I will serve the country well by that."

[...]

Source.

It's fairly clear to me he's going to run - and I hope he'll run.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 12:12:35 PM »

Edwards was thought to be too inexperienced when he had 6 years in the senate. Obama running with 4 years behind him? Nah...I don't think the climate is right for change anyway, people need some experience to reassure them. Who is the least experienced president of modern times?

Abraham Lincoln had the same amount of experience as Obama when he was elected President.

That was then Wink

Basically, I like Obama but his lack of experience may go against him. If he goes for it in 2008, he goes for it, if he doesn't he doesn't. Should he be the Democratic nominee, I'd gladly root for him but not until Wink

Dave

And George Bush only had six years as Governor as experience when he was appointed President.

Seems times haven't changed all that much since Lincoln's day, huh, Dave? Wink

In the grand scheme of things, 6 years as governor counts for more than 4 years as a senator.

NOT when you're Govenor of the state of Texas. Bush did virtually FA in his six years in office.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 08:30:05 PM »

In the grand scheme of things, 6 years as governor counts for more than 4 years as a senator.

NOT when you're Govenor of the state of Texas. Bush did virtually FA in his six years in office.

I think you'll find I redressed that statement shortly after making it Wink

Oops, my bad - that'll teach me to read the WHOLE thread in the future. Wink

I'll give Obama credit for something - Great peformance on Monday Night Football.

See? He got your vote already. PA's in the bag, baby! Wink

Seriously though, I hope he runs AND wins. He's the closest thing to JFK America has had since, well, JFK.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies