Obama eyes Presidential bid (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:48:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Obama eyes Presidential bid (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama eyes Presidential bid  (Read 10253 times)
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« on: December 11, 2006, 03:29:13 AM »

I have mixed feelings about Obama.  I think he is definately a likeable enough person but he hasn't established himself very well yet.  He has been in politics for such a short time that most people have no idea where he stands on the major issues.  Sometimes I wonder if he even has formed an opinion.  His lack of experience also kinda scares me.  I'd be much more comfortable with him if he had served in an executive position before.

However, people flock to see him, hear him, and most importantly (I think) touch him.  People are literally reaching out to him nearly everywhere he goes.  I don't see any people lined up like that just to get a feel of Hillary's sleeve.  His youth is also an assest in the sense that it could inspire more young (under 35) people to vote.  This ability to get people energized and excited would be a major asset.

In the end though I think he is much better suited as someone's running mate.  After 8 years as VP I think he'd be unstoppable.
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 04:24:59 AM »

Smiley

In the end though I think he is much better suited as someone's running mate.

He'd overshadow the top of the ticket...

Even if he ran with Hillary or Gore?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies