Obama eyes Presidential bid (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:47:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Obama eyes Presidential bid (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Obama eyes Presidential bid  (Read 10252 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: December 11, 2006, 01:17:51 PM »

Hillary is going to slap him back down to planet Earth. I'm going to love watching that primary.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 05:56:30 PM »

None of the candidates in either party have come out with specific proposals yet.  People should quit  asking what Obama "stands for" unless they want to ask the same thing about McCain, Romney, Brownback, Thompson, etc.

Except those people have actually been involved in certain areas. Barack Obama goes to Kenya and it is the biggest deal in the world. You bet people should ask him what he stands for because all we have seen was him going on trips, campaigning and hearing him say stuff like, "America can hope! Audacity of Hope - buy it online or stop in your local Barnes and Noble..."
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 08:31:43 PM »

My guess, you'll just continue to whine......

Or I'll just sit back and enjoy Hillary owning him.

Except those people have actually been involved in certain areas.

John "Weathervane" McCain has been in the Senate for 22 years and I don't know here he stands on barely anything. He seems to go whichever way the wind is blowing.

What does John McCain stand for??

McCain doesn't have accomplishments? McCain didn't pass one of the most notable campaign finance laws in this country's history? McCain hasn't been a key Senator no matter what the issue has been? You are kidding yourself.

Yeah because Rick Santorum didn't hawk books or anything...

At least Santorum worked while he was in the Senate. Obama's accomplishments: book and a trip to Kenya.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 08:43:52 PM »

Republicans hate the McCain-Feingold Law.

Uh, that doesn't mean it is not an accomplishment. I hate it, too, but I don't use that as an excuse. If were going by that, I guess many, many liberal Dems don't have accomplishments because we hate what they have done.  Roll Eyes

You make winning way too easy.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The clear difference being that I won't be advocating Corker for the Presidency. I won't say that Corker is some accomplished leader. You basically win arguments for me. I love how you concede that Obama has only been in the Senate for two years with no accomplishments...yet you are going crazy about how great he'll be as President.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 08:48:59 PM »

Abraham Lincoln had the same amount of experience that Barack Obama has, and JFK only had slightly more.

Scoonie, Obama is no Abe Lincoln or Jack Kennedy.

In all seriousness, how did JFK only have slightly more? He served in the House for three terms and a term and a half in the Senate.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 08:49:57 PM »

Hillary is going to slap him back down to planet Earth. I'm going to love watching that primary.

Listening to Republicans make predictions about Democratic primaries is hilarious.

It is hilarious that Hillary will be able to beat someone in a Presidential race. Too bad for you guys that it will only be a primary.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2006, 08:53:22 PM »

I said that Jim Webb had a chance to win before macacca happened.

Before that, Webb wasn't going to win so don't pat yourself on the back too hard there.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2006, 08:56:19 PM »

It is hilarious that Hillary will be able to beat someone in a Presidential race.

I will agree with you there! I feel confident that Obama can beat her in the Democratic primary.

Uh, no, you took that in the wrong way. I'm saying it is funny how she can actually win something related to the Presidency, not that predicting her win is funny.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2006, 09:01:22 PM »

Haha, Phil's anti-Obama rage has convinced me that he's the right choice. Republicans are terrified of this guy.

In all honesty, I am fairly confident that he'd be beaten. There is much more to Obama than some "centrist," well spoken, young Senator. You watch. Part of me hopes you nominate him.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2006, 09:02:34 PM »

Haha, Phil's anti-Obama rage has convinced me that he's the right choice. Republicans are terrified of this guy.

Yes, they are. They can't stop talking about him. All the right-wing talk shows and Fox News are talking about him nonstop as well.

He's an interesting guy. Plus, we like to become acquainted with our enemies.  Wink
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2006, 09:08:15 PM »

Given your track record (I seem to remember you were still confidently predicitng that Santorum would win reelection on Nov. 7th) on forecasting elections, I will give as much weight to your prediction as it rightly deserves.

In other words, none at all.

That's funny because I predicted every other Senate race correctly.

Sure. You're more scared of Hillary, right? Wink

I would have been scared of Warner and I would have even considered voting for him. I'd be somewhat scared of Bayh if he somehow won the nomination.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2006, 09:09:07 PM »

Seriously , I think the fact that so many Republicans are freaking out and are trying to argue him down shows that they are scared of him and is appeal.

I have always seriously worried about a Kucinich/McKinney landslide...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2006, 09:43:21 PM »

Given your track record (I seem to remember you were still confidently predicitng that Santorum would win reelection on Nov. 7th) on forecasting elections, I will give as much weight to your prediction as it rightly deserves.

In other words, none at all.

That's funny because I predicted every other Senate race correctly.

Show me the link.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=45197.msg1035261#msg1035261

Oh, I just can't wait until you spin your way out of that one!  Smiley

What does that idiotic statement have to do with what I said about Obama?

OOoooooooooooh.....I get it. You can't argue my point about Obama so you throw out the names of two unpopular Democrats to try to change the subject.

The kiddie table is at www.freerepublic.com Phil. If you can't talk with adults, I suggest you go there.

Yes, because in your opinion, pointing out weaknesses equates to fear of the mentioned candidates so why shouldn't the same be applied to Kucinich/McKinney?

Deano, I have talking with the adults here for a very long time. You are one of the recent additions, widely regarded as one of the premier annoyances. Please don't lecture me on where to go. Thanks.

P.S. - I'll continue winning arguments while I'm at it and you'll continue your whiny, nasty comments towards everyone.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2006, 09:53:02 PM »

How does that make all of my other predictions incorrect?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2006, 09:58:19 PM »

How does that make all of my other predictions incorrect?

It doesn't, it's just hilarious.  It's not an accomplishment anyway because dozens of people here picked every seat correctly.

I'm not calling it a great accomplishment. Deano was saying my record of predicting races is so horrible so I decided to throw that out there.

And Tweed, I honestly hope you enjoy being an asshole. You'll get what you deserve someday.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2006, 10:00:20 PM »

And Tweed, I honestly hope you enjoy being an asshole. You'll get what you deserve someday.

Judgement day?  Or before that?

Both.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2006, 10:03:56 PM »

Judgement day?  Or before that?

Both.

God is a conservative Republican?

Right because that has everything to do with Tweed simply being an asshole.  Roll Eyes
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2006, 10:25:54 PM »

LOL!!!!!

You're right Phil - you sure predicted them all correctly!!

ROTFLMAO!!!

Nice job showing your predictions from three days before the Elections, Hack. The difference between me and you is that I made all of the correct predictions (including Santorum losing) months before the election, when you only changed yours in the last few days to reflect evolvoing CW b/c you can't predict worth a damn on your own and also to avoid embarrassment for your earlier terrible predictions.

So my final predictions are bad because they were done a few days before the election...like everyone else? And if I was all about the evolving CW, I would have said Santorum was done. I honestly don't care if you got all of them correct. Your point was that I had a horrific prediction record and I showed you that my predictions for the Senate race were correct with the exception of PA.

Predicting things months before the election means nothing, by the way. You can't tell us exactly what would happen that far ahead without lucky guesses.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2006, 10:30:56 PM »

LOL.

Again simple logic is lost on you Hack. You try to change the subject to two pols who are completely irrelevant to the toipic b/c you are not intelligent enough to repsond to something I said. Phil, you're pathetic, and the best part is that you are putting it all out there for everyone to see just how ignorant you are. Keep it up buddy!! Smiley

You said the pointing out weaknesses means people are afraid. Everyone points out the weaknesses of those two therefore we must be afraid of their chances. It's really quite simple. Sit down, little boy, and think about what you said and then read what I said.

Eh, whatever you say. I am far more respected here than you are. You are widely regarded as simply a nasty, flame throwing hack and nothing more.  

Sure thing, pal. Way to have a kind tone for a debate. Question - Have you been kind to anyone that disagrees with you?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2006, 10:32:27 PM »

Good job on the New Jersey prediction there, genius.

What happened?

Let me guess - little Kean Jr. jumped ahead in one or two polls in early September and you got all antsy-pantsy and excited?

That's so cute.......

So what do you say to the respected forum members that also predicted a Kean victory at that point?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2006, 10:36:00 PM »

LOL.

Again simple logic is lost on you Hack. You try to change the subject to two pols who are completely irrelevant to the toipic b/c you are not intelligent enough to repsond to something I said. Phil, you're pathetic, and the best part is that you are putting it all out there for everyone to see just how ignorant you are. Keep it up buddy!! Smiley

You said the pointing out weaknesses means people are afraid. Everyone points out the weaknesses of those two therefore we must be afraid of their chances. It's really quite simple. Sit down, little boy, and think about what you said and then read what I said.

I can't believe you are still trying to spin your ignorance and inability to argue against me about Obama as something that has anything whatsoever to do with what we were talking about. Your childish behavior gets funnier all the time.

You must REALLY like getting creamed in arguments, b/c it is all I ever see you do.

Oh, wait, I see. So pointing out problems with Obama means fear but for anyone else it isn't? Makes sense, hacko.  Roll Eyes
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2006, 11:20:15 PM »

Deano, you'll never mature. Such a pity.  Roll Eyes
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2006, 11:38:19 PM »

I'm sorry girlie....what is the topic of this thread.....is it "Obama eyes Presidential bid" or "Cynthia McKinney eyes Presidnetial bid"? I thought so.

Deano, you'll never mature. Such a pity.  Roll Eyes

Yup. Just what I predicted you would say. Smiley

Out of your league, Phil.

No, hacko, the point remains that whether you are talking about Obama or Clinton or McKinney or Bayh or whoever, you said that when people bring up weaknesses that they are truly afraid of that candidate. Why would that just be the case for Obama? It makes no sense, child. I win again. Deal with it.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2006, 10:42:45 AM »

I'll give Obama credit for something - Great peformance on Monday Night Football.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2008, 12:50:32 PM »

This won't win my heart, Iosif.

Looking back on it, I'm definitely glad that Obama was nominated. Hillary would be in a better position now if she was the nominee.

Anyway, keep this type of stuff up. I smell another warning from Dave concerning the harassment.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies