Why Are There No Theories Surrounding McKinley or Garfield? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:29:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Why Are There No Theories Surrounding McKinley or Garfield? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why Are There No Theories Surrounding McKinley or Garfield?  (Read 11825 times)
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« on: December 13, 2006, 01:32:12 AM »

could it be that both are potentially more memorable?  Lincoln is attributed with freeing the slaves and restoring the union.  Kennedy is attributed with frontiering space exploration, diverting the Cuban missle crisis, and attempts at civil rights legislation (even if these seem miniscule by comparrison to Lincoln's attributed accomplishments, they are still remembered by a large percentage of the people who remember the Kennedy administration).  By contrast I really can't think of anything Garfield or McKinley did.  Far be it from me to consider murder of a president irrelevant, but the more a murder is remembered-the more associations can be made about it-and hence more likely conspiracy theories.

What I'd really like to know is what happened to Warren Harding.  I heard one place that he died of a heart attack and another that he died of a boating accident.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies