America: 2000-2016 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:16:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  America: 2000-2016 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: America: 2000-2016  (Read 80103 times)
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« on: December 20, 2006, 09:27:59 PM »

I'm guessing America ceases to exist after 2016 in this scenario? Wink
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 09:37:37 PM »

I'm guessing America ceases to exist after 2016 in this scenario? Wink

Oh, no, I merely do not wish to write a story based solely on fiction. Wink

Those are the most fun to write though. Tongue
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 03:51:03 PM »
« Edited: December 21, 2006, 04:34:44 PM by Senator Colin Wixted »

I am considering doing it "real time."

24 style, maybe some explosions see Roy Barnes torturing some people, you could even get Polish actor Arnold Vosloo to play an Arab terrorist like he always does.

What do you mean by "real time" though?
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2006, 11:39:21 PM »

If you wish for me to continue the storyline after tonight, please inform me.

Absolutely! Smiley

I didn't get the see the actual 2004 election because I was in the field.  It took my wife to call me cell (in tears) that President Bush won. She didn't vote for him, I did though.  Anyhow, this is the closest thing to an election night for me in years and I appreciate it very much! Election nights are like the Super Bowl for me!

Anyhow, have a safe and happy trip and great job on this timeline! Smiley

Why was she crying?
Well Buddy, I married a left wing lady and she's always hated Preisdent Bush.  Don't ask how get make it work.  She's a good cook and I'm well.....good at other things! Smiley

But she was honestly balling?
She was upset...it sounded like she crying. I was with my maneuver commander when I got the call. The commander (who is an @$$hole) and I were so happy for the Bush win I think it made my wife more upset.

What's your rank if you don't mind me asking?
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2006, 11:44:15 PM »

What's your rank if you don't mind me asking?

Forgive me but I am laughing my ass off about that...

CPT stands for Captain. I was promoted on 02JAN06 in Iraq.

Sorry I didn't know that you had incorporated your rank into your name.

Happy almost one year anniversary on your promotion by the way.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2006, 11:15:51 AM »

Good after the horrible job Bush did in this timeline, you actually made him do things worse which is hard, Barnes deserved to win.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2007, 03:22:25 PM »

World War III would denote a war that is fought on a global scale. A couple of missiles launches, the Israelis going nuclear, and Syria invading the Golan Heights are the makings of a Middle Eastern War but not a world war. I mean I don't even see how this is such a large conflict beyond the Israeli nuclear attack, which would most likely never happen in real life I didn't see Israel nuke southern Lebanon for the Hezbollah killing about that many people in rocket attacks. If Israel uses their nuclear technology that would also mean that they would be forced to reveal that such weapons exist, which they've been trying to avoid for about 40 years.

So that's unlike. Besides the small amount of Iranian involvement, a few missiles lauched oh boy what a grand strategy, this seems to be a retake of every other Arab-Israeli War with the exception of Egyptian and Jordanian support.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2007, 03:37:27 PM »

Colin, in my post, I detailed the amount of foreign nations which are getting involved.  China and Russia have been assisting Iran and the United Kingdom has declared war on Syria and Iran, for example.

I understand. That was just my opinion it's your story though.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Well yes it's a we do not comment on our nuclear capabilities thing but I believe that they would not retaliate to a small missile strike by Iran with a large nuclear strike since that would probably end their friendship with the few in the international community, beyond the United States, whom they still have friendly ties with. Also these nuclear weapons were not used to difuse the Iranian nuclear program but were directed against the civilian population which is not only bad PR, since then it just looks like some sort of vengence gone out of control, but it does not strategically accomplish anything.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2007, 04:15:13 PM »

Those four words of your above post highlight what I am trying to depict. 

What I was trying to say was that it would take the Israelis retaliating with a completely out of proportion response to nuke Iran. Thus it would be vengeance that has gone out of control. The Israelis, to a greater extent than Americans, are realists when it comes to military and foreign policy mostly because they have to be.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2007, 03:49:07 PM »

One note on the earlier bit describing the start of the world war in Israel. I think you said that the Iranians destroyed the Western Wall, which is unlikely because the Dome of the Rock, one of the holiest Muslim sites sit on top of the Western Wall, so a Muslim would never destroy the Western Wall.

Just needed to clear that up.

Thank you.

The missiles shot by Iran were aimed in the general vicinity of the Jewish Quarter of Jerusalem.  They were not aimed precisely for the Western Wall.

Well if they did destroy the Western Wall, which means that they also destroyed the Dome of the Rock, that would bring about a very large amount of anti-Iranian sentiment throughout the Muslim world. It would be a near equivalent of a Muslim country firing missiles at Mecca.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2007, 04:50:46 PM »

Forgive my ignorance.  Let us just imagine that this is not the case. Smiley

It's alright I actually think that could be an interesting scenario and that's why I brought it up. Iran shoots missiles aimed at the Jewish Quarter instead some are off and damage the area around the Dome of the Mount and the Western Wall. This leads to a backlash among Muslims in the region. It's very ASB but then again IMHO the war that started was rather random.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies