Poll Indicates Gore Would Fare Better Against Gingrich Than Hillary Rodham
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:25:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Poll Indicates Gore Would Fare Better Against Gingrich Than Hillary Rodham
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Poll Indicates Gore Would Fare Better Against Gingrich Than Hillary Rodham  (Read 3970 times)
Politico
YaBB God
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 17, 2006, 09:27:21 PM »
« edited: December 17, 2006, 09:32:54 PM by Politico »

Gingrich (R) 36 Gore (D) 52
Gingrich (R) 41 Clinton (D) 50

Source: http://www.camajorityreport.com/inde...id=1351&ptid=9

------------

Virtually everybody who is going to vote in 2008 currently knows who you're talking about when you bring up Hillary Clinton, Newt Gingrich, and Al Gore. Gore has a 16-point edge over the most polarizing Republican in the nation who isn't named George W. Bush. Hillary Rodham, on the other hand, only has a single-digit lead over Gingrich. What does this clearly and inarguably indicate? Hillary would polarize and motivate the Republican base more than Gore. It also arguably indicates that independents are more likely to consider Gore than Hillary. Do Democrats want a repeat of 2004 or 1996? It's quite clear who they should choose if they want the latter.

Ultimately, if the party wants to bring back the Clinton/Gore Administration then the most delectable candidate to field is Al Gore, not Hillary Clinton. To top it off, with Gore you get the best of the Clinton/Gore Administration without all of the "baggage." I mean, Squeaky Clean Al Vs. Slick Willie's Wife? Let's not forget that mangling a sentence about the Internet isn't quite as bad as the things that Hillary was accused of in the 1990s, not to mention the whole "standing by your man" stuff even after Monica-gate. Nominating Hillary Rodham would just be a huge mistake for both the Democratic Party and Hillary Rodham/Bill Clinton.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 10:12:22 PM »

I saw this a while ago. Just more proof that Clinton should not be the nominee. Obama and Edwards also have far bigger leads on Gingrich.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 08:57:01 AM »

Well that would be great news for the Democrats, if Gingrich had a snowball's chance in hell of winning the nomination.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 02:37:56 PM »

Hillary's biggest problem is not Republicans hating her, but her own people deserting her (like most every Dem on this forum!!)...
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 07:24:21 PM »

Gee, I wonder how Gingrich will fare against the newest popular Democrat. I mean, the only thing that has changed in the past five years is people forgetting about Gingrich from being out of the spotlight for so long...
Username MechaRFK
RFK
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.30

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 03:03:27 PM »

I wonder with Newt surprising comeback would Al Gore do well if he  decided that politics are meaningful to him and goes for the White House in 2016? A Obama win may stop Al Gore from winning the presidency but if say Romney is in office by 2016 I can see a close match up.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies