Third Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:32:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9
Author Topic: Third Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia  (Read 22190 times)
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: February 19, 2007, 12:06:19 AM »

Does Senator Brandon H wish to have his proposal voted on as an amendment?

No, I withdraw my amendment.

Nay on the previous amendment.

When can we open voting on the final passage?

Hopefully after this attempt to stall the proceding and inject political bickerings into the process is ended.

When does the next government take power? not that thers many new members
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #176 on: February 19, 2007, 01:02:34 AM »

First Friday of the month which I think will be March 2.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #177 on: February 19, 2007, 07:40:55 AM »

Nay
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #178 on: February 19, 2007, 03:35:40 PM »

The amendment fails.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #179 on: February 20, 2007, 03:36:21 PM »

We will now vote on final passage.

Preamble
We the People of the Republic of Atlasia, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, support equality for all forum members and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the Republic of Atlasia.

(The rest of the document continues here)

Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #180 on: February 20, 2007, 04:14:29 PM »

Aye

It's time to let the people decide how they want Atlasia to continue.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #181 on: February 20, 2007, 04:26:29 PM »

There has been an awful lot of work done on the constitution since it's early drafts and pooling of ideas. To reach where where you have reached is an example of the Senate at her best and I hope it is finally put to the people.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #182 on: February 21, 2007, 05:23:14 AM »

Whatever about my own feelings on the document, I think it should be put to the people.

Aye
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #183 on: February 21, 2007, 07:20:30 AM »

All the changes have been made to the wiki copy.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #184 on: February 21, 2007, 02:17:59 PM »

I'm not certain that this reform is what is needed, but some change is definitely needed, so I'll not stand in the way of the voters deciding if this is it.  Aye.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #185 on: February 22, 2007, 12:36:08 AM »

Nay.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #186 on: February 22, 2007, 12:36:28 AM »

Nay.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #187 on: February 23, 2007, 09:13:42 AM »

As everyone knows, I have been one of the most vocal critics of this Constitution. The safe thing to do would be to vote no and probably kill this thing now. But regardless of my personal opinion, this is something that the Atlasian people should decide on. I hope everyone votes no on this and I will give them the right to so.

Atlasia is and foremost a game based on the American System of Government, with a distinct executive, legislative, and judicial branch of government. Under this proposed system, the national election would not be for President & Vice President of our country, but for President of the Senate. A second house of the legislative branch would be added. I do like this and have introduced an Amendment to our current Constitution that would allow this. I introduced this Amendment only after asking you the people of Atlasia what you want. But my amendment would model this second house after the United States House of Representatives and it would leave the Office of President and Vice President in tact. This new constitution creates a second house modeled after a British or Canadian Parlement with a Prime Minister.

Our current system is not perfect and never will be. We will always be making changes based on new ideas. Hopefully these ideas make things better, but sometimes they make things  worse. If this Constitution is ratified, I believe it will be for the worse. But this is a decision that I believe you, the citizens of Atlasia, should decide for yourselves. So I will vote aye in order to give you the right to do so.

---

Aye
DWPerry
Puerto Rico

« Reply #188 on: February 24, 2007, 01:46:33 AM »

I concur with Senator Brandon H.....Aye
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #189 on: February 24, 2007, 05:50:30 PM »

This may be the most important legislation in the history of Atlasia, and we can't even get a quorom to pass it.  This is ridiculous.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #190 on: February 24, 2007, 06:05:10 PM »

We can't even get a quorom to pass it.  This is ridiculous.

I presume you've PMed the Senators who have not yet voted.
If not, there's a reasonable pribability that an element of them will not have been paying attention to these proceedings.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #191 on: February 24, 2007, 06:52:31 PM »

If not, there's a reasonable pribability that an element of them will not have been paying attention to these proceedings.

I have no PMed them.  I really don't have time lately.  Would anyone like to do this?  The PPT possibly?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #192 on: February 24, 2007, 07:23:18 PM »

This may be the most important legislation in the history of Atlasia, and we can't even get a quorum to pass it.  This is ridiculous.

We do have a quorum.  Seven votes have been cast, five ayes and two nays.  Six is all that is needed for quorum.  What we don't have is enough votes to enable the vote to close earlier than seven days because the votes that have not yet been cast could affect the outcome.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #193 on: February 24, 2007, 09:13:15 PM »

Who has yet to vote?

Gully Folly
Clay
BRTD
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #194 on: February 25, 2007, 08:32:49 AM »

I have no PMed them.  I really don't have time lately.  Would anyone like to do this?  The PPT possibly?

Due respect, but if you havce time to post a chastisement of the Senate, you surely must have time to send a quick message to a few Senators asking them to vote.

The PPT is on record, and has voted, in opposition to the document and so asking him to get out the vote is a little unreasonable.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #195 on: February 25, 2007, 11:06:21 AM »

Due respect, but if you havce time to post a chastisement of the Senate, you surely must have time to send a quick message to a few Senators asking them to vote.

The PPT is on record, and has voted, in opposition to the document and so asking him to get out the vote is a little unreasonable.

You left out that if he has time to post a chastisement of the Senate then surely he must have time to sign or veto some of the legislation that has already passed the Senate.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #196 on: February 25, 2007, 12:30:26 PM »

You left out that if he has time to post a chastisement of the Senate then surely he must have time to sign or veto some of the legislation that has already passed the Senate.

A fair point, Senator.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #197 on: February 26, 2007, 12:23:07 PM »

I would encourage those Senators who have voted against the document to consider changing their votes and allowing this text to be put to the people. Only when the people have decided on the issue can this this be put to rest and those who champion it as a panacea will be forced to accept the result of the referendum as definitive that the embodies reforms are not acceptable. Otherwise, the Senate shall be castigated as inhibting progress, intrangident to popular demands for change, etc.

In short, I ask my fellow Senators to trust the citizenry to evaluate this document, rather than allow the Senate to possibly get bogged down by a chorus of the disapproving.

afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #198 on: February 26, 2007, 02:14:22 PM »

In short, I ask my fellow Senators to trust the citizenry to evaluate this document, rather than allow the Senate to possibly get bogged down by a chorus of the disapproving.

I agree. Put it to the public. There have been many hours of manpower put into this bill since it's inception. It's an alternative that should be put to the voters to decide whether or not to endorse or to reject.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #199 on: February 26, 2007, 04:17:49 PM »

I wonder if I have the courage to remind afleitch and True Democrat that unless this gets two more aye votes within the next 24 hours, it will fail.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies