question for the americans.... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:03:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  question for the americans.... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: question for the americans....  (Read 10469 times)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« on: December 24, 2006, 10:33:51 PM »

who do you feel a closer connection or kinship to...great britain or canada?

the uk for me.  not only because my people came from there, but they seem to be the most  pro-american.

the canadians...ugh.  no offense to any canadian on the board, but theyve always struck me as know-it-alls.  the time i was accosted at the border like a common terrorist didnt help my opinion any.  but, in fairness, that was quebec.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2006, 10:49:57 PM »

the canadians...ugh.  no offense to any canadian on the board, but theyve always struck me as know-it-alls.  the time i was accosted at the border like a common terrorist didnt help my opinion any.  but, in fairness, that was quebec.

If you're going to judge all Canadians based on Quebec, then I'm going to judge all Americans based on Utah.

no, no, no.  i dont judge all canadians based on quebecers.  but damn if they werent rude.

and to the previous poster, no im pretty sure i dont look like a terrorist.  i think i probably look like a really dorky, skinny guy.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2006, 12:02:35 AM »

Canada, of course.  Why don't you make these things into polls, WalterMitty.

i like to read responses, rather than just look at poll results.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2006, 12:15:00 PM »

Judging Canada by Quebec's border guards is like judging a restaurant by the homeless guy who pees in the trash can behind it.

no it is like judging a restaurant by its employees.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2006, 09:43:47 PM »

The only thing I have against the Brits is what they did to my people, by which I mean the Irish.

With all due respect 'your people' are your fellow Americans Smiley My mothers side of the family are Irish, (and French, and closely at that) but 'my people' are Scottish. I never understood this romanticism with the Irish that pervades parts of America.

neither have i.

here in boston it is just sickening.  most of the so called irish around here are little more than an irish last name. 

some of these jokers resort to refering to themselves as 'irish'.  it is lol funny.

most of my ancestors were from the uk, but id never, ever call myself 'british' or even 'british-american'
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies