question for the americans.... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:57:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  question for the americans.... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: question for the americans....  (Read 10460 times)
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« on: December 25, 2006, 12:31:20 AM »

no offense to any canadian on the board, but theyve always struck me as know-it-alls. 

None taken. If anything, we are a country of "know-it-alls"

I will attempt to answer this question by replacing Canada with the USA. I have distant American ancentry and much British ancestry. I feel more of a connection to American politics and culture than British, but there is a love for the mother country too.  They are housing our Queen after all Smiley
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2006, 10:12:14 PM »

who do you feel a closer connection or kinship to...great britain or canada?

the uk for me.  not only because my people came from there, but they seem to be the most  pro-american.

the canadians...ugh.  no offense to any canadian on the board, but theyve always struck me as know-it-alls.  the time i was accosted at the border like a common terrorist didnt help my opinion any.  but, in fairness, that was quebec.

I agree.  Though there I have always liked the individual Canadians I have met, I am not a big fan of Candidan culture as a whole, or their whole "we hate the US" inferiority complex thing.

The only thing I have against the Brits is what they did to my people, by which I mean the Irish.

Plus, the Brits are good allies, the Canadians don't strike me as the kind of people I would want to have to count on in most circumstances.

Roll Eyes
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 12:30:34 AM »

It is hard for Americans to think of Canadians as "foreigners," IMO. 

Why? The fact that Americans seldomly know anything about Canada is a sign to me that it is pretty foreign.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2006, 02:14:29 AM »

Why? The fact that Americans seldomly know anything about Canada is a sign to me that it is pretty foreign.

By that measure, America is also foreign.

Touche, Gabu Wink
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2006, 04:48:12 PM »

Considering I'm a friend of the biographer of Sir John Bourinot, do you really want to go there?

Americans in general, not just you.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2006, 10:45:40 PM »

I hope this question really does not require thinking...of course Great Britain. Although i am not british myself, Americans ought to and Must have certain nepotism for UK. I dont know why Canada even exists. They have been good until their master neighbor went to war. Then they started whinning about sending troops which in the end they didnt. Why are they even building an army..they have the United States as their border country with a nuclear shield around them...they better hope the United States dosent roll over one night and crush them..they should be overwhelmed that after all this we would even allow them to exist as a continent. Its interesting...it occurred to me that always the worst Americans end up going to Canada..such as the tories after the revolutionary war, then the Vietnam draft dodgers etc...gays
US is their main trading partner, we keep their economy going...maybe its because they have French in them but thats not the point. Canadas existence is for US exploitation of their natural resources and a place for Americans to enjoy skiing during their leisure time. Again US does not need Canada,Canada needs the US. They better straighten up or will be responsible for their own security...

hahaha

stupidest. post. ever.

See how you like it when we stop providing you with fresh water and oil and then we can talk. Guess who America's main trading partner is too?
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2006, 10:53:31 PM »

I hope this question really does not require thinking...of course Great Britain. Although i am not british myself, Americans ought to and Must have certain nepotism for UK. I dont know why Canada even exists. They have been good until their master neighbor went to war. Then they started whinning about sending troops which in the end they didnt. Why are they even building an army..they have the United States as their border country with a nuclear shield around them...they better hope the United States dosent roll over one night and crush them..they should be overwhelmed that after all this we would even allow them to exist as a continent. Its interesting...it occurred to me that always the worst Americans end up going to Canada..such as the tories after the revolutionary war, then the Vietnam draft dodgers etc...gays
US is their main trading partner, we keep their economy going...maybe its because they have French in them but thats not the point. Canadas existence is for US exploitation of their natural resources and a place for Americans to enjoy skiing during their leisure time. Again US does not need Canada,Canada needs the US. They better straighten up or will be responsible for their own security...

hahaha

stupidest. post. ever.

See how you like it when we stop providing you with fresh water and oil and then we can talk. Guess who America's main trading partner is too?

stop acting like you dont know the main idea...if your ambitious enough you would come to the united states for an education as well

Yeah, from the looks of your post, your education is clearly superior Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies