George Allen and Mitt Romney
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:18:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  George Allen and Mitt Romney
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: George Allen and Mitt Romney  (Read 627 times)
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 26, 2006, 01:18:42 PM »

Lat year, George Allen was considered the frontrunner for the 2008 Presidential Race. He was considered a sho-in for his Senate seat. Then, in August, he said "macaca", and it all went downhil from there. soon, the Webb campaign dug up so many skeletons in his closet that it would be impossible for him to run a successful campaign even if he did win the Senate race. right around that time period, Mitt Romney started doing well in the polls. Do you think this relationship is similar to that between dinosaurs and mammals, where mammals started prospering after the mass extinction because they didn't have to compete with dinosaurs for food? i.e. Do you think Romney would be doing well even if George Allen never made that "macaca" gaffe and still had his Senate seat?
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 09:13:17 PM »

At first I was confused. But now I get your point.

I think Allen's implosion has given a great boost to Romney. If Allen had won his seat, Romney would be at Bill Richardson-levels now. (2nd tier)
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies