Your New Years Eve
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:40:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Your New Years Eve
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: well...
All alone

With immediate family

Small Party--friends

Big Party--friends

W/ a lot of family

W/ a little bit more than immediate family

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 36

Author Topic: Your New Years Eve  (Read 6375 times)
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2007, 03:12:44 AM »

option 3, sorta...it was a very sh**tty night, i'll explain tomorrow if i feel like it
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2007, 12:53:20 PM »

I worked until 6:00, came home and watched Syriana because our dinner reservations were for later, went to dinner with my folks and girlfriend, hung out with her for the rest of the night, went home and slept (poorly).
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2007, 01:09:46 PM »

Middling-to-biggish parties. Two of them on New Year's Night alone (came home at 6am and met my next door neighbor, also coming home, at the building entrance Smiley ), plus one on the 30th that was officially billeted as a birthday party, and lasted right from 1pm to 4 in the morning.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2007, 01:19:23 PM »

At my sister's in Philadelphia for New Years -- drank scotch and smoked  some cigars outside in South Philly, exchanged some stories, got to sleep late. No hangover though! I drank water the last hour I was up before sleep. Quite convenient.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2007, 02:10:34 PM »

Went to a neighbours just before midnight, had a couple of cans of Carlsberg Export, back home just before 2.00am and watched Tales from the Crypt [1972] in bed Grin

Dave
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2007, 02:29:47 PM »

In a godforesaken hostel in the godforesaken town of Holyhead (Wales) after upon hearing that all boats across to Ireland had been cancelled due to the weather, thus ruining my New years' eve. Instead of spending it with my family I spent with an entire room of a Irish 'refugees' so to speak - an entire U15 soccer team which had also been stranded. Yesterday wasn't my day.
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2007, 02:30:14 PM »

i am so lucky to not be in jail right now.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2007, 02:49:45 PM »

In a godforesaken hostel in the godforesaken town of Holyhead (Wales) after upon hearing that all boats across to Ireland had been cancelled due to the weather, thus ruining my New years' eve. Instead of spending it with my family I spent with an entire room of a Irish 'refugees' so to speak - an entire U15 soccer team which had also been stranded. Yesterday wasn't my day.
Ouch.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2007, 02:53:47 PM »

#3 for the first time ever I think...

Stayed at my friends place all night watching movies and playing pool/cards
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2007, 03:13:55 PM »

Tea should go with rum or with one of those herbal liqueurs.

Vodka goes well with melted vanilla icecream and maracuja juice, though. Also with Jell-O.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2007, 03:42:10 PM »

Holyhead, eh? Can get quite windy up there.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2007, 03:43:57 PM »

Tea should go with rum or with one of those herbal liqueurs.

Vodka goes well with melted vanilla icecream and maracuja juice, though. Also with Jell-O.

I've coined the name for green tea and vodka as the "dirty hippie"
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2007, 05:22:13 PM »

NOTA.

At about 7:30 went into the city for some drinks with my mates (yesterday was my B'day) and split up around 9:30 to go to various parties and stuff.

New years resolution was to be comfortable and open about my sexuality, so I went to a gay club, which was a bit exciting. I've been overseas, but never in Australia, and certainly never solo. Had a great night though, although struck out a couple of times. First guy I was chatting to for about three hours. We decided to split up for a while and talk to some other people, but meet up again later on....last I saw of him he was out the door with the OLDEST guy in the club, no exaggeration. He was very, very much my type, but obviously I wasn't his.

Second guy was a great bloke, but straight. He's just arrived in Melbourne from Dunedin to live and only knew one person, a gay guy, so went with him to the club. Cute guy, really smart and pretty funny, but out of bounds. Still, new friends are always good.

Third guy was a bit older, maybe 30s, but once he brought out the pills I left pretty fast.

Still, had a fun night and met a great bunch of lesbians who helped me get a bit more comfortable after I arrived feeling about as nervous as I have felt for quite a while.

I never this about you.  Have you ever said anything?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2007, 05:40:54 PM »

i am so lucky to not be in jail right now.

Story?

As for me:

Left for my grandma's around 6:00 P.M.-->Meijer to get chips and cottage cheese-->Little Cesars-->Grandma's-->ate pizza-->watch some TV--around 10:00 she noticed that there was water leaking in her bedroom--from the ceiling, so we had to move everything off her bed (she sleeps in the couch for some reason) and all her clothes that were on the floor--1/2 of her room was wet.  The box spring was soaked.  We had to turn the lights off b/c that's where it was dripping from-->go into the attic to take a look @ it--water all over--couldn't figure where it was coming from-->back to her room and see that there's water dripping from her closet--open it--EVERYTHING on the floor is soaked--coming in from the ceiling there too-->empty it-->celebrate New Years w/ soem drums and noicemakers-->back to cleaning--get towels from the basement and take all the wet clothes to the basement-->finally done cleaning-->prepare our anual "champagne" of sparkling apple cider and Vernors-->eat some chips and homemade dip (ranch, seasoning salt, and ranch dressing--very good:))-->watch TV and put some buckets in her room-->TV-->went to bed-->woke up @ 10:00 A.M.--my aunt came over and we went up on the roof--figured out that a)her aluminum pieces draining the water from the 2 slopes of her roof aren't connected; b) The valley on her roof has a gash in it-->so we cleaned what we could from the gutters and ate-->I came home and have been singing along and losing my voice to the repeat of yesterdays top 99 country songs.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2007, 05:54:10 PM »

I was at a friend's house for a party of about 20 people, so Option 4.
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2007, 07:17:25 PM »

where my memory picks up from last night, i was talking to a police officer in a building (that I'm still not sure what or where it was), who had to tell me multiple times that "sir you are not in the hilton" etc.  he called my friends on my cell and then a cab, and gave him a note telling him to go to the hilton, and i think his phone number.  cab took me to the hilton, where i met up with my friends again - i have no idea how we split up in the first place.

about the luckiest police encounter ever.  my shoes are muddy.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2007, 08:33:13 PM »

At my sister's in Philadelphia for New Years -- drank scotch and smoked  some cigars outside in South Philly, exchanged some stories, got to sleep late. No hangover though! I drank water the last hour I was up before sleep. Quite convenient.

im a scotch fan myself.  but, yeah, you have to be careful with scotch.  it (especially cheap scotch) is notorious for its hangovers.  as it was once told to me....scotch is like gay sex, the first time you try it it is icky and hurts a little, but after a while you enjoy it. 

i got pretty hammered last night.  no hangover.  i drank copious amounts of water and gatorade.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2007, 08:35:22 PM »

Anyone still hungover or have a headache from last night?  I do cause I drank too much rum.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2007, 08:39:11 PM »

Anyone still hungover or have a headache from last night?  I do cause I drank too much rum.

how much rum and what kind?
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2007, 09:22:30 PM »

Anyone still hungover or have a headache from last night?

12 hours and still going strong.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2007, 09:31:54 PM »

im a scotch fan myself.  but, yeah, you have to be careful with scotch.  it (especially cheap scotch) is notorious for its hangovers.  as it was once told to me....scotch is like gay sex, the first time you try it it is icky and hurts a little, but after a while you enjoy it. 

i got pretty hammered last night.  no hangover.  i drank copious amounts of water and gatorade.

So, the important question is...IS scotch like gay sex?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2007, 09:53:02 PM »

good question.  i wonder how accurate of an analogy it is.  but im not curious enough to find out first hand. 
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2007, 10:02:23 PM »

I think that depends on what the meaning of the word IS, is.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2007, 11:04:44 AM »

What?  Are you still drunk--is just means is--to be--in existence--equals, etc....
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2007, 02:20:40 PM »

What?  Are you still drunk--is just means is--to be--in existence--equals, etc....

I see that political satire is often lost on the young.  It was a good one, Naso.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies