This is a farce! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:46:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  This is a farce! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: This is a farce!  (Read 8645 times)
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« on: June 30, 2004, 02:26:49 PM »

Until you know as much about Aussie politics as I do abut US politics, shut up mate.

(I'm in a foul mood, the last thing I want to heatr is Go Howard!. Go Latham! won't be well recieved either)

Hughento,

Interesting double standard you have. Foreigners can come onto a US forum about US politics and tell us (as you do on a consistent basis) how evil and sinister our President is

*keeps this in mind for MarkDel's attitude about foreigners*
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2004, 02:58:44 PM »

Until you know as much about Aussie politics as I do abut US politics, shut up mate.

(I'm in a foul mood, the last thing I want to heatr is Go Howard!. Go Latham! won't be well recieved either)

Hughento,

Interesting double standard you have. Foreigners can come onto a US forum about US politics and tell us (as you do on a consistent basis) how evil and sinister our President is

*keeps this in mind for MarkDel's attitude about foreigners*

OK, Kevin, please tell me how exactly you were able to derive anything concerning my attitude towards foreigners from that post.

Well, you seemed to assume Hughento (and all foreigners (Foreigners can come onto a US forum about US politics and tell us (as you do on a consistent basis) how evil and sinister our President is)) is ignorant about US politics, while supersoulty is not ignorant about Australian politics.  I'm not sure if those assumptions are true or not, but I do know you made an assumption based apon whether Hughento was from the US or not.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2004, 04:57:45 PM »

Kevin,

You need to work on that "Reading Vocabulary" before you take the SATs in a few years.

Actually, I took it already as a part of a gifted and talented program.  But that's beside the point.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

To me, however, you seemed to be saying (or implying) that hughento couldn't/shouldn't be giving his opinion.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Here are two possible scenarios:

1) Soulty made the comment just to egg on Hughento, so we should be 'yelling' at him, or talking about the purpose of this thread.
2) Hughento really was having a bad day, so he really didn't mean what he said.

Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies