This is a farce! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:46:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  This is a farce! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: This is a farce!  (Read 8646 times)
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« on: June 30, 2004, 01:54:46 AM »

This psuedo-campagn is an absolute farce. John Howard is spending millions of dollars of taxpayers' money on his campaign, with the excuse he is advertising medicare, when the ads are clearly pro-governmantally biased. Mark Latham has made it a key issue in his platform to charge the lberal for all ads after July the 27th (the day he anounced te policy) that were deemed to be too political.

Latham is running onn soft politics, and his key issues are early childhood reading, politicians' superannuation and obese kids. He hasn't even announced the opposition tax plan yet, even though the budget was handed down over a month ago.

Latham is a knob, Howard is an arrogant fool and Australia i going to the Sh*thouse whoever wins.

God I am so POed at them.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2004, 02:02:00 AM »

Until you know as much about Aussie politics as I do abut US politics, shut up mate.

(I'm in a foul mood, the last thing I want to heatr is Go Howard!. Go Latham! won't be well recieved either)
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2004, 09:55:48 PM »
« Edited: July 01, 2004, 05:04:01 AM by hughento »

2) is true, i'm not sure about 1.

Basically, I don't come and type "Go Kerry!", I actually try to post with relevance. I have a bias towards Kerry, or more truthfully, against Bush. Supersoulty I think has a bias towards Howard.

I might not know all that much about US politics but I would venture to say I know a hell of a lot more ten the average american knows about aussie politics. Maybe supersoulty has an above average knowledge, maybe not. But comments like "Go Howard!", in my opinion, are pretty worthless, and considering the mood I was in at the time, I feel that my response was fitting.

But, i'd like to apologise, and to get back on topic, because it really is a farce so far-and I don't mean this thread Wink
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2004, 04:43:46 AM »

What are the Aussie Democrats like, politically and philosophically?  I always figured they were just the Keep The Bastards Honest vaguely center-left reformist party.

you'd be about right.

We only elect them to the senate though, to hold the balance of power there.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2004, 07:45:57 PM »

lol no

they dont run anyone in my seat for the house of reps or the senate for Victoria I dont think...
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2004, 08:02:28 PM »

I'm tipping the last weekend in October. He'll want to leave it as late as possible without colliding with the US election or going closely after it.

If I could vote, i'd vote Latham, he is the lesser of two evils, but the election after that i'd vote Costello. If he's not the Liberal leader in the next election, i'd probably vote green or democrat and preference Labor...
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2004, 10:00:59 PM »

Latham admitted to smoking pot and inhaling, and enjoying it :eek:

Peter Costello, the religious but secetarian social liberal and responisible economic conservative wh has delivered surplus budgets for years whilst keeping most social programmes as good as before from Melbourne is the most likely, and imho the best candidate, but there is a possibility it will be Tony Abbott, an absolute nutcase catholic religous freak social and economic uber-conservative sydneysider Tongue

Downer had his go as opposition leader, and failed miserably, to be replaced by Howard. he won't become liberal leader ever again, partially because he's admitted that he never really wanted it in the first place.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies